• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Sharks - RD5 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
This is such a tough game to tip! With the exception of their last game, the Waratahs have played relatively well despite losing 2 out of 3. They will be stinging from their loss to the Force last week and should put on a better performance this week. The Sharks usually travel relatively well, but have a poor record in Sydney. The Sharks have also not been in brilliant form so far. I suspect the Tahs might win this one, but it should be very close. I will be happy for the Sharks to prove me wrong though!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Just a BTW: was not Bismarck de P an outstanding ambassador for his team and, more generally, SA rugby on last night's Rugby Club on Fox.

Gracious in victory, humble and light hearted as a person, fair to the beaten Reds in a game context, and generally coming over as a warm and decent person loving the game. Made rugby the winner, to the audience. Respect.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Just a BTW: was not Bismarck de P an outstanding ambassador for his team and, more generally, SA rugby on last night's Rugby Club on Fox.

Gracious in victory, humble and light hearted as a person, fair to the beaten Reds in a game context, and generally coming over as a warm and decent person loving the game. Made rugby the winner, to the audience. Respect.

Unfortunately I missed the show last night. What are your thoughts on how this game may unfold RH? Do you remember which way the guys on the show went with their tipping for this game (excluding Kearnsey if he was on the show last night!)?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I have heard nothing but people absolutely rave about his appearance.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Unfortunately I missed the show last night. What are your thoughts on how this game may unfold RH? Do you remember which way the guys on the show went with their tipping for this game (excluding Kearnsey if he was on the show last night!)?

If memory serves...Once he'd left the studio, gotten his cab back to the hotel and was in his room........they all tipped the Tahs....

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Bb, as I mentioned in other posts, my view is that if the Tahs regain the combination of inner mojo and very competent cohesive play they showed in Rnd 1, and BB does not start his dangerous tendency in S15 to kick poorly and too often under pressure, the Tahs will out, by a handful of points. The issue for me is their now renown mojo-disappearing-syndrome where they play like men in fear of something, or motivated by nothing much any more, it's quite beyond selection determinants. That syndrome, irregular as it is, is denying them the inner conviction of champions-to-be; one recovery is not enough, they have to slay that inner demon once and for all and find a form of passion they want to sustain..will they?

Re the Fox panel tipping. I think the majority tipped the Tahs. As they did unanimously v Force! I tend not to notice this panel's tipping much as I find, mostly, that its capacity for penetrating rugby analysis and insight is not its strongest suit...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes I only really take note of who Kafe tips, I reckon he's the only one who takes it seriously and is unbiased. He actually tipped the Highlanders which was surprising I thought.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Bb, as I mentioned in other posts, my view is that if the Tahs regain the combination of inner mojo and very competent cohesive play they showed in Rnd 1, and BB does not start his dangerous tendency in S15 to kick poorly and too often under pressure, the Tahs will out, by a handful of points. The issue for me is their now renown mojo-disappearing-syndrome where they play like men in fear of something, or motivated by nothing much any more, it's quite beyond selection determinants. That syndrome, irregular as it is, is denying them the inner conviction of champions-to-be; one recovery is not enough, they have to slay that inner demon once and for all and find a form of passion they want to sustain..will they?

Re the Fox panel tipping. I think the majority tipped the Tahs. As they did unanimously v Force! I tend not to notice this panel's tipping much as I find, mostly, that its capacity for penetrating rugby analysis and insight is not its strongest suit...

Haha answering the question without actually answering the question? You don't happen to be in politics do you?! I was basically asking who you thought would win the game, not what the Tahs needed to do (or not do) to win the game.

Re: the Fox panel, I agree. Their tips are are often way off the mark. I was just interested to hear what the general feeling is leading into this game after last week's performance by the Tahs.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Haha answering the question without actually answering the question? You don't happen to be in politics do you?! I was basically asking who you thought would win the game, not what the Tahs needed to do (or not do) to win the game.

Re: the Fox panel, I agree. Their tips are are often way off the mark. I was just interested to hear what the general feeling is leading into this game after last week's performance by the Tahs.

Bb: I said above: '...the Tahs will out, by a handful of points...' Subject to a few 'if, ands and buts' that are forced upon me given their variability of the recent Tahs (and not so recent Tahs) and that BB really can have wonderful games (a la Wales RWC bronze match) and some very disappointing ones where he kicks poorly and is far from his best etc (a la S14 SF 2010 in SA). In these dimensions, I honestly don't know what to predict. You yourself noted above: this is a bloody hard game to pick, and I agree. I'm always quite content to have a crack at picking a winner, but with a few assumptions or qualifications wrapped around it if feel I just don't know.

[Btw (solely as you ask): I am in the opposite of politics, I am in the change management business, advising and leading knowledge-based and intellectual capital-based companies in building or restructuring for higher growth and success rates. In this, I live by results attained, not claims or promises made.]

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think the Sharks will get up in this one. Tahs will panic when confronted up front and then kick away good attacking ball. Not much in this but the most disciplined side will take the points.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Tahs haven't looked too bad on attack. Got caught out wide by some hard running from depth from the Sharks out wide.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In Sydney for the weekend so at the Tahs.

Atmosphere pretty good actually. Got a rock band here and everything.

Just need some tries now.

Status
Not open for further replies.