Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by No4918, Mar 20, 2012.
Nice work Tahs! Good performance and finally a close finish win.
Fine win to the Tahs (mojo intact version), deserved in every way..plus, as another positive for them, the decisive impact of excellent place kicking.
Yes McKibbin's placing kicking. what to do with him?
When is the next arvo game!? Great to finally see the Tahs win a tight one, they finally looked like they were playing for something!
Most importantly, can you change your supporter icon now, Moses?
Jetlag got hold of the Sharks there. Helped them against the Reds this time it was against them.
Well played Tahs. Keep Cat as the captain, his genuine enthusiasm has to be a good thing for the team.
I'm so happy right now. Took my wife and kids, Fantastic sunny day, great game of rugby. And we won! Well done Tahs!
I did the same Ptah, and I topped it off with a couple of belgian beers afterwards.
It wasn't a perfect performance from the tahs but t was great to watch anyway. Lots of ball movement and risk taking from both teams. Jeez the du plessis bros are impressive live.
Special mention goes to Tom cat who I though was terrific today. He had plenty of friends in terms of effort and that's all I ask for.
Most dissapoining aspect was the surprisingly low crowd.
This is my biggest issue with sfs, and one I think leads to poor crowds and grumpy supporters. Time was there were can varsity set up everywhere so you only lined up if you wanted badly pulled vb. Everyone went with cans and they are quick to serve, so you had a lot of drunk punters having fun. Now you can't rve cans for safety reasons, and no one wants to go drinking at therugby anymore
One of the servers at the Paddington end threw a tantrum when some someone approached the bar and said, 'fuck this service is crap, hurry up mate ( or words to that effect).' the barman told him to not swear at him, called security to cut him off, then proceeded to call the patron a wanker. Great friendly service.
Thoughts on the game:
- hornes defense was awful. First half the sharks went wide getting outside horne consistently and playing an inside ball to space. Mvovo scored his try off this move and they almost got another.
- the tahs attack started poorly, they expected to just barge through with no actual thought. It wasn't until later in the first half they started using some footwork, Tom Kingston, foley and I think even Tommy c? I'll do some research and come up with some more info on it later this week.
- how good was barrack doing his quade impression in his 22 stepping 2 players and throwing a cheeky offload
- I now dont know what to make of Mumm. Again,he was shithouse most gamebut then basically saved our arse with that run at the end. We may have to stick with him for now
- lopeti timpani has worked on his handling. Geat to see genuine development.
- I didn't notice alberts once live. That's a win for our defense
- great to go to arvo rugby, just got to remember to sit in the west stand next time!
a lot of the kicking was pretty aimless
Im with the bar staff on that one - he's just doing a job
I normally am as well, but not with this prat of a barman who carried on well after the guy had left causing one of female staff to cry, and yes the patron shouldn't have been a prat either
I take it it's been a while since you tried to get a beer at Moore park? Im a pretty DTE guy, but even I've reached my limits at how poorly this affair is run
It's getting to the point that I rarely drink at the game. I was in the queue for just under 20 minutes and there were not that many in the queue. I dont buy a ticket to miss the game waiting in queues. It takes less than 2 minutes to get food, but way too long for alcohol.
I didn't make it out to the game, but it was almost worth it to be able to replay footage of Mumm's fend halfway through his big run near the end of the game. The Sharks player almost rotated through 180 and face planted in a fairly spectacular way. I loved it.
Unfortunately it might stop Mumm getting dropped because I thought he was crap up until that. He's giving away way too many penalties.
(thanks Akkerman on PR)
Yep, if that was a tackle he'd get 5 weeks!
Separate names with a comma.