• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Sharks. Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tabs strike back well after the Sharks fluff the restart. Hangers got it from close range with a dummy and run. Tahs then fluff the restart. They are struggling with restarts this year.

Tahs fluff another. Blatant knock on from Baxter whch refs misses. Carter goes over and claims it. Looks a try - very close. Other angle looks like it is hard to judge. I'm not sure but tmo gives it and fair enough. 18 to 14 at half time. Onterestng game so far but neither team yet to lay claim tothe game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Damn it's annoying to type from the iPhone. That trip from du Plessis was just plain dumb. Dumb dumb dumb

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He was offside - he's not allowed in the gap of the lineout until the ball leaves the jumper's hands. He was in the gap as the throw went up.

God I hate supporting this fucking team.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez Smit wasn't happy with the ref in the post-match.

Phil - you can't run the Sharks around when you can't catch

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He has evey right not to be happy. I hate to say it bu the Sharks were robbed by the ref. Complete bullshit it was.

Still can't type on the iPhone...

Tahs are so boring. Clueless. I almost started to cheer for th Sharks at the end.

R

rugbywhisperer

Paul Marks as a ref makes a great anything else.
He is in my opinion becoming very dangerous as he is now creating common law from his own interpretations.
The binning of Beale was totally against accepted rulings where if the palm is up the player is deemed to be fairly attempting an intercept - palm down is an intentional knockdown and his ignoring off accepted law interpretation has now set a very dangerous precedent.
I also do not like him as a ref - never played the game, has absolutely no clue as to what is actually going on particularly in the tight stuff and is pedant to a fault.

By virtue that they won well done but jeeesus the tahs have forgotten how to play rugby - well running, expansive and entertaining rugby anyway - a win is a win but sheeet that was ugly and bloody lucky.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
rw - not to mention that he should have overruled the Assistant Ref about duPlessis' trip. If it is adjudged a trip, then you have no option but a red card IMHO.

Beale's yellow card was utter bullshit but that was the TJ's call too.

Kankowski being a mile offside in a period where the Sharks never looked like getting the ball outside their own half.

That was a clear obstruction in the last minute though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
At least they're letting people back on the ground. The kiddies don't understand how shit the game was.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Contrast this game to the Reds one - similar scorelines, but how disappointed are Reds fans? Not as much as me.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
NTA said:
He was offside - he's not allowed in the gap of the lineout until the ball leaves the jumper's hands. He was in the gap as the throw went up.

God I hate supporting this fucking team.

Kankowski wasn't offside Nick. Just checked on the replay, perfectly timed run - you shouldn't believe everything Phil Kearns says.

Tahs looked good in the first 15, with some real forward dominance. The should have creamed the Sharks but got unsettled, and never really got back into their stride. Everyone notes how good a captain Phil Waugh is when things go right for his side, but they only won that game by the skin of their teeth with a lot of luck thrown in. Should he be partially blamed for the poor performance (just as he also gets so much credit).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Tah fans get on your knees and thank that ref.

Nobody should have won this. Both teams deserved to lose.

Tahs won't make the semis.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Anyone else get the feeling after watching the Tahs and Brumbies this season that we should scrap the idea of a '2nd 5/8' style for the wallabies and go back to a hard running hard tackling IC?

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I can't help but feel when Tahs supporters say "A win is a win", they really mean "fuck I wish our team would play with some sort of confidence and belief in each other"

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Come back Nathat Grey, the rich man's Tom Carter (TM).

I think you're right. The law clampdown rewards breaking the line and producing quick ball.

I know I like talking about the Bulls but look at Wynand Olivier. Straight, strong, the odd offload, stand up in the tackle, produces the ball quickly.

Fainga'a has done this job for the Reds with disctinction.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Juan Cote said:
I can't help but feel when Tahs supporters say "A win is a win", they really mean "fuck I wish our team would play with some sort of confidence and belief in each other"

That is pretty much what any team means when they say 'a win is a win'.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Blue said:
Tah fans get on your knees and thank that ref.

Nobody should have won this. Both teams deserved to lose.

Yep, it was a tough call on Beale I think, as I also believe he was going for the intercept. However, if he yellow cards him then I cannot see how the hell he didnt' award a penalty try - the guy had 20 metre unobstructed run in!!

First time I have criticised a ref in almost 18 months, am going to leave it at that.

Tahs supporters though, should be happy with the 4 points. Tough getting a win on the way back from SA, ask the chiefs about that one. Don't think for the second year running I'll make much effort to watch the Waratah's again though, had high hopes after all the chat from last weeks match.

Fantastic game by TPN though, he really stuck out along with Kankowski in a game full of suck. And full credit to Stefan Terblanche too in his 14th season was it? What a legend.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Very hard to watch that game. Can't understand why the attack looks so clueless at times?

Don't think the Barnes/Hanger 10/12 worked. Too similar style of games. Beale has to be in one of those positions, to provide some attacking spark.

How bad were the restarts?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not going to be popular, but it might even be worth bringing Carter back into 12 and having Horne at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom