• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

We haven't had a new rule in a while ...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gagger said:
Who was against the funny bit?

I've missed the outrage here, which is really pissing me off.

I'm thinking of leaving.
Not you too? :lmao: :lmao:
No-one was against it, I was just highlighting 2 very apt points in Lindo's post, which sum up why I like the place.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
So, shouldn't a post about a new rule about not starting a thread when you can add to an existing one be in the Rules thread, instead of a thread of its own...? :nta:

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gagger said:
Who was against the funny bit?

I've missed the outrage here, which is really pissing me off.

I'm thinking of leaving.

Don't have a spook/sook. (They're the same thing)

R

RugbyGal

Scarfman said:
Whether it's being sprouted or spouted, I hate xenophobia.

And the Dutch.

What did you have in mind, Scott?

Sorry Oom PB. Guess I have to leave! :nta: You will be the only Stormer again here!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
RG, it's a joke from one of the Austin Powers films. The line was delivered by Michael Caine and sounded a lot better on the big screen. Same as: "If there are two things I can't stand they're intolerance and homosexuals". It's meant to be ironic.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Best news I've heard in a long while....

Finally, as a Force fan, you will all be required to love and admire me.....

Can't wait to tell my therapist..... :thumb

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Is there / can there be an option to set the number of posts per page? I'm another not like the 10 zillion posts per page. My attention span is so short that it needs the constant clicking of next page to keep me going.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
senator.jpg

up for thread censorship?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
like the sound of this potential new rule (Jake White but still.....)
"With this in mind, I think it's fantastic that World Rugby is considering implementing the 50/22 rule," White wrote.
"Based on a similar law in Rugby League, the 50/22 rule would award a lineout to the kicking team if they successfully kick from their own half and the ball rolls into touch inside their opponent's 22."
White believes the threat of conceding an attacking lineout would motivate the defending team to deploy 'goalkeepers' on either side of the field to make sure the 50/22 kicks are covered.
free up a bit of space wouldnt it? bit ironic considering most of rugby these days is just
loig-style midfield hit-ups anyway.....

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
As an aside, can we please hurry up and redefine it to the 20 m line instead of the 22? Also rename the 10 m line the 40 m line, as all the others (50, 22/20, 5) measure distance to the try line, whereas the 10 m randomly measures distance from halfway.

This is the srs sh*t that WR (World Rugby) really needs to sort out.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I not sure if like the idea or not, I tend to dislike law changes, but I quite happy to see how it looks.