• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

We want to know who you'd pick for the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think it's scary that the majority don't think James O'Connor should be in the side.
On form? Give us your reasons mate.

Edit: To be fair I didn't include him as a winger and he did come second in 2 categories.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
On form? Give us your reasons mate.

Edit: To be fair I didn't include him as a winger and he did come second in 2 categories.
I didn't say on form, but if everyone was judging it on current performance, how does Beale and Genia get selected? He's arguably one of the most all round talented players in the world right now, and probably the 2nd best in Australia (behind Pocock).

dozza

Bob McCowan (2)
For the wales test i would be pick:
1. Robinson - very solid at LHP and around the park
2. Taf - solid scrum and good line out throwing last game, so picked due to line out form at the moment.
3. Kepu - solid scrum, makes good breaks and has been doing more tighter stuff too.
4. Pyle - new blood, looks good in the line out. Sharpe and Vickerman are out and Simmons isn't in form atm.
5. Horwill - playing well atm still like him as captain, for now......
6. Higginbotham - playing tighter than usual and busts tackles, solid at lineout too.
7. Pocock - in form clear cut above the rest in aus, but might have stronger competition in a year or too.
8. Palu - big presence, bumps off people better than any other eights in aus, hoping he can stay fit.
9. Genia - based on experience, recent game looked a lot better.
10. Barnes - again experience needed here, the most important position in the backs.
11. Ioane - world class what can i say.
12. Mcabe - warmed to him recently, very strong defender mixing it up a bit this season in attack.
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - solid utility back, great experience.
14. Tomane - new blood but possible x factor here. about time we had a big exciting back again.
15. Beale - x factor, experience the lot, apart from the constant chip kicks, tone that shit down.
16. Moore - bit controversial but taf is in good form atm, can easily swap if the lineout goes to shit.
17. Palmer - solid scrummager had enough of our scrum being an embarrassment, so work around the park is always a second to me.
18. Simmons - out of form but does possess a bit of experience compared to Pyle, so again can come on like Moore if the lineout is working.
19. Dennis - playing well, useful at the lineout but not as powerful as higgers and ball handling skills need to be improved
20. Lealiifano - good season this year deserves a chance, at least from the bench.
21. White - better form than Genia so far this season but experience needed against an inform welsh team in this position
22. Mogg - an exciting back that can be utilized at fullback or winger. needs to work on difrection when it comes to his boot.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Pretty on the spot there dozza, but can only see Palmer starting or not playing at all. Simmons won't be there, I'm sure Sharpie or even Douglas will get the gig ahead of him. I think Shipperely is ahead of Tomane right now aswell.

I think 13 is a big issue for us right now, Horne out of form, Fainga'a injured, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not playing there.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Didn't you here? Fainga'a's back!

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-blues-v-reds-the-return-of-a-Fainga'a/

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Id be picking most of the incumbents, Add in Palmer, and since Cooper is out Lealiifano deserves a shot. Nick White for Genia's back-up. JOC (James O'Connor) if fit has got to be in the team, Proved himself in the RWC, even though his form hasnt been great this season (wouldnt say its bad either), he's all class and after Pocock is one of my first picks for the team. Dont care where he plays 12, or wing, but deserves to start. Would drop Horne, and possibly even put Beale on the bench (still too erratic - stop chip kicking).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I enjoy watching Fotu chase kicks...

Firstly, because he's good in the air...

Secondly, because if he's not going to catch it he is going to hurt the guy who is...

Thirdly, the guy who is about to attempt catching the ball knows he is going to get hurt...

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
oh wow how could I forget Fotu! If that guy keeps playing the way he is then he should be in the starting squad over Palu!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
oh wow how could I forget Fotu! If that guy keeps playing the way he is then he should be in the starting squad over Palu!

A little early for that just yet, the bloke has only played two games. But yes if he can sustain the form he will be right up there.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
More alarmingly, he seems to think that Rob Horne is actually a possible option for the Wallabies?!

I mean....thats just Grumbles trying desperately to get a Waratard into the backline, right? Horne isn't seriously a possibility for the Wallabies this year, is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.