• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wellngton 7's: 28 & 29 January

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sethfricka 33-0 Japan & looking scary good already, I think you guys can start planning your Challenge Trophy (what an idiotic name BTW, what was wrong with Plate?) program.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stowers with a legit one, kick is good from wide, 14-0.

EDIT: if I had a dollar for every shot of SGT sitting in the dugout looking pensive I'd have made another one just now :)

Curry gets a legit one too, converted, 21-0 at drinks.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samoan YC'd for taking a player out in the air. 18yo Koroi gets on for his NZ debut & helps DJF go over in the corner, 33-7.

EDIT: Samoa cop another YC for a neck roll that was more a chest roll after the hooter, NZ can't capitalise so FT 33-7.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We cant throw it around quickly.
We have picked players without that skill set

Think the players could develop the skills required if they had a coach with a bit of an idea about things. The Fijians are spot on with their off-loading; always just as the tackle is about to be made and usually to a support right on their shoulder running at about a 45 degree angle to the player with the ball. The Aussies either don't off load at all but go to ground with support in position or try to off load when being held by two or three defenders. Inevitably the ball goes astray.

And how many times do they get penalised for bridging over the tackle? These are skills that can be coached into the players, but they don't appear to be.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I should quote my own post before.

Thankyou for your service stannard, Hutchinson needs to be removed from the center of the field. He is a finisher.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
French kick it dead, NZ pull a wrap move from the 5m scrum, Stowers goes over & Khan converts, NZ 14-0 France.

EDIT: kickoff doesn't go 10m but French play at it & knock on, scrum NZ 45m out. Dumb play, could easily have let it bounce & got his legs in the way. Works out OK in the end, though, France steal it & score under the black dot, 14-7. Woulda been offside last year but new breakdown rule means he's OK (or so says ref Rasta, I'm not convinced myself).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Molia gets the opening try after drinks, Khan converts, NZ 21-7 France. Several penalties today for guys tackling on the shoulder. Me no like.

EDIT: great hit by DJF puts the Frenchie on his back, amazed it wasn't called a lifting tackle........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France score, 21-14 with 0:56 & overtime left. Need to win the kickoff & put it beyond doubt. Penalty NZ as the hooter sounds, that'll do: take the tap then kick it out (unlike Scotland (?) last time out :))

T

TOCC

Good try by the young McDermott on debut for Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.