• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wellngton 7's: 28 & 29 January

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Double whammy: Kok scores & Fiji #12 gets binned for a reckless high shot. SA 5-0 Fiji. Senatla scores pretty much from the restart, 12-0.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Soyizwapi puts it beyond doubt, SA 31-12 Fiji as the hooter goes. Looks like NZ will be playing Fiji first up tomorrow, France did us a favour by drawing with but not beating USA so unless the Septics tip us over we'll finish top of Pool C.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unofficial crowd estimate 10K which is frankly shithouse & has me questioning the accuracy of the "available seats" map I posted a link to yesterday.

First blood USA 7-0 NZ.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Uncle Craig Joubert finds a Baker knock on otherwise ''twas try time. Squares it up by binning Mikkelson for a fairly accidental sliding knee to the hip/ back region that was beautifully milked. USA score from the resulting PK, 12-7 at the break.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mikkelson back, time for some karma.......

EDIT: not like that, tho, as Baker appears to have done himself an injury trying to keep the ball in play.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Septics knock just inside their 22 & in front of the posts but win a penalty. Chance to put it away blown. Or maybe not, Afroman pinned in his corner. Penalty USA but they lose it, Te Tamaki scores right on FT. NZ 24-12 USA.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Trophy QF:

Kenya v Russia
USA v Japan
Wales v Papua New Guinea
Australia v Samoa - 10:06 AEDT

Cup QF:

England v Scotland
New Zealand v Fiji
Canada v Argentina
South Africa v France

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Top 8 comes first, disappointing result against Canada, but given it wasn't a one off, happy we scraped the win against the Russkies and hit a bit of form against Wales.

Shug Blake supposedly training with the squad again after breaking his leg for BOP, he could be a big in for the last 6 events.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mostly cloudy again, predicted high 18-20C & a decent breeze of ~50kph.

IMG_0671.JPG

Hoping for a better turnout than yesterday (above) but not holding my breath. No one seems to have an official count but you only had to look at the stands to see that even 10K was being VERY optimistic. Or maybe the 10K is just another of those "alternative facts" that seem quite popular ATM :)

T

TOCC

Maybe it's time they shift the NZ7s to somewhere like Dunedin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.