• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Can anyone find a link with the news Dunning is heading to Biarritz????

I've had a little look around but can't find anything close....
Be a shame to lose the little belly whacker

It was just quoted on the rugby newspaper Midi Olympique.
Can't find anything either, just gossips about the article.
I hope it won't happen anyway.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
And it is apparently official in the local news!
Matt Dunning in Biarritz.... I'm lucky it is not the team I support.
But he might be the third TH behing Marconnet and Campbell Johnstone

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Is that Jane rumour for real? He's a very fine player, but surely this would be the end of his All Black career, given that they won't pick anyone who doesn't play in the NZ franchises.

I like the thought of him at fullback.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is that Jane rumour for real? He's a very fine player, but surely this would be the end of his All Black career, given that they won't pick anyone who doesn't play in the NZ franchises.

Does he have a big enough ego to think he'd be able to change this?

Not saying he does, but that idea might get someone playing out of their skin.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Is their rule you have to play in a NZ franchise?

I just thought you had to play in the S15 to be eligible.

Would love to see Jane over here too.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Guys, I'll go and check, but I'm fairly certain I'm right.

EDIT: This is what I've been able to find so far...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...rack-Luke-McAlister-back-into-All-Blacks.html

http://www.theroar.com.au/2008/10/16/henry-backs-strict-eligibility-rules/

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/4582625/The-All-Blacks-don-t-need-Carl-Hayman

But those players are there and the All Blacks are here and the two aren't going to overlap, certainly not in time for the World Cup that kicks off on September 9.

And nor should they. Quite rightly the NZRU are adamant they won't bend their strict rules on All Blacks eligibility.

This link is the NZRPA contracts doc and it seems fairly clear:
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...q7m6Aw&usg=AFQjCNGKI7UnOGWYuiA8SMnR6itjT7IieQ

NZRU Level
There are four types of contracts at NZRU level: NZRU Contracts, NZRU Wider Training Group Contracts and NZRU Sevens Contracts. A
player may be on only one of these types of contracts at any time, plus either a Provincial Union Contract or Provincial Union Development
Contract. A player must be on one of the NZRU level contracts in order to play Rebel Sport Super 14, or for the New Zealand Sevens Team,
All Blacks, Junior All Blacks, NZ Maori or an All Blacks Trial Team.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
He's 28 years old, and is up against a swag of other good players for an AB jersey. So that might explain why he's looking at overseas options.

W

waves

He's 28 years old, and is up against a swag of other good players for an AB jersey. So that might explain why he's looking at overseas options.

Great way to put it Bowside, Its seems much more players these days are taking that option of converting to other Leagues overseas.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
We defiantly need a winger. Then fullback. Thing is u can't rely on shep all year. I cant remember who said it but they were right. We need a good winger and fullback to come into the squad for depth. Also a center would be handy for Inman leaving. We are fine everywhere else. Good front row stocks, hookers aren't too bad, Locks are good backrow is solid 9 10 is good. Can Willi play in the centers?

It's defiantly more about depth next year.

Go the force!!!!

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I ahve concerns for tight head. I think Longbum and Ma'afu are the covers for there. I might be wrong but I thought that Longbum was a loosehead who can cover both sides, and I am not sold on Ma'afu being a decent scrummager. And if it is Longbum then Cowen would be the starting loosehead. I dont think that is as strong a front row as what we have fielded this year.

The future looks bright though with both CAN and PAE coming along nicely.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
So, Tom Hockings and Jono Jenkins have both been released by the Force.

(Shiggins: Ripia can play in the centres and at fullback)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Can't blame JJ, who would want to wait behind that lineup. He will be snapped up quickly I would think.

But now we need to replace Hocking. I can't see Ben MCCalman being happy being utilised at lock all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.