• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Matt Dunning in Biarritz.... I'm lucky it is not the team I support.
But he might be the third TH behing Marconnet and Campbell Johnstone

No disgrace to be behind those two, but he can play LHP too and even if Barcella is fully fit next season and Coetzee will still be there as far as I know, he will still get some games during the RWC, and before that when the squads are in training. Then the Top14 always has 2 props in the reserves in a matchday 23, unlike here.

If he stays healthy he will be of value.

Last week in the force inside back's thread I suggested the force spend their money on a winger/fullback instead.

Dion Berryman who used to be in the Force stable is killing them in the Shute Shield this season at fullback for Gordon, and last weekend at 13. He's a different player now from what he was a couple of years ago and he's a mature player at 25, not a kid. He could go at a bargain price.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I was bigging up Berryman a couple of weeks ago in that discussion Lee. I'd like to see them take him on (I was unaware that he'd been in the squad before).

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yes you did mention him. He wasn't a contracted Super 14 player though, just in their academy though probably not in the pro tier.

T

tranquility

According to The West today, the Force have picked up Toby Lynn, handy reserve lock to have.

I just looked up who he is. I have never heard of him, but it looks like a good signing. He is experienced but still old enough to develop and better yet he qualifies to be an Australian player. Win - win.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With Ripia and O'Connor leaving, would Matt Brandon get a contract?

I think him and Dominic Fuller (?) go hand in hand. Take one, you get both. The two have been playing together for a very long time, made Australian schoolboys combination in '03

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think him and Dominic Fuller (?) go hand in hand. Take one, you get both. The two have been playing together for a very long time, made Australian schoolboys combination in '03

As an Easts supporter I would be very happy to see them for the Force. Both have been tearing up in the Queensland Premier comp.
Pretty sure one of the coaching staff is a former Easts man, hence Brandons call up this year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Also Aiden Toua seems to be in a bit of a situation with injury. But generally regarded in QLD club rugby as a freakish talent and worthy of a super rugby contract ( only on an academy for the reds). He played first two games before the emergence of Morahan.

So if the force are looking for outside backs he'd definatly be a good option.

Note: trying not to let me Easts bias effect my post haha

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think you'll find QLD have a pretty firm grip on Aiden, renewing his contract has been on the agenda for a while. Would be very suprised if the Force snap him up, QLD has offered him many chances and he looks to be in their sights for the future.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think you'll find QLD have a pretty firm grip on Aiden, renewing his contract has been on the agenda for a while. Would be very suprised if the Force snap him up, QLD has offered him many chances and he looks to be in their sights for the future.

That's good news, I wasn't sure if they'd upgrade his contractdue to his latest injury problems. The kid is too good to not be playing super rugby.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Toua has been injured all season. Had a few weeks of solid rugby after a knee reconstruction (I think) then got injured again for the remainder of the season. Should be back in the frame for Reds XV next season.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maybe Tim Bennetts at Eastwood might be worth a look too.

13. Bennetts has been with the Tahs Academy, amateur or pro, since he left school but Kingston was promoted above him this year and Horne, if healthy, will be around; so Bennetts may be looking elsewhere.

Toua has been injured all season. Had a few weeks of solid rugby after a knee reconstruction (I think) then got injured again for the remainder of the season. Should be back in the frame for Reds XV next season.

He had his right knee reconstructed 2 years ago and it came back stronger than before. This time it's his left knee; so fingers crossed that it turns out the same. "Should be back" doesn't quite do it. The question to be answered is: whose contract will not be renewed to make way for Aidan? He is in the academy presently and good young back 3 players like him will not be hanging around too long, especially has they are in high demand by all four of the other Oz Super outfits.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He had his right knee reconstructed 2 years ago and it came back stronger than before. This time it's his left knee; so fingers crossed that it turns out the same. "Should be back" doesn't quite do it. The question to be answered is: whose contract will not be renewed to make way for Aidan? He is in the academy presently and good young back 3 players like him will not be hanging around too long, especially has they are in high demand by all four of the other Oz Super outfits.

Isn't there rumors Kimami Sitauti is heading to the ACT. And god knows what Peter Hynes' situation is. I have a feeling Hynes might head overseas soon, that would open the door for Toua. But i suppose this is the wrong thread to discuss this haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom