• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hanson is a big improvement on Charles for the Force, I wouldn't have Charles anywhere near the Wallabies at the moment either, maybe 5/6th on the pecking order.

If that. Charles was great 2 years or so ago. He's gotten worse since then.

He could still become a Wallaby standard Hooker, but he wouldn't look out of place in a 16 jersey on current form.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Loved listening to mmm after the tahs game say he hopea to stick around in perth for the next couple of years and how its the most enjoyable te he has been apart of.

Music to my ears.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Loved listening to mmm after the tahs game say he hopea to stick around in perth for the next couple of years and how its the most enjoyable te he has been apart of.

Music to my ears.

...contract and pen now Force now!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I would like to see the Force target another proven winger for next season.

Dellit just isn't providing any deception on counter attack. He is a good honest toiler but the other teams have him worked out. All of our other prospects appear to be genuine 12's or 13's, Toupou, CTM and Rasolea.

I think we should target someone like Cooper Vuna. Vuna is a very good S15 standard winger and has strong team ethos. He's probably pretty open to suggestions at the moment too. Not sure how long he is contracted for.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would like to see the Force target another proven winger for next season.

Dellit just isn't providing any deception on counter attack. He is a good honest toiler but the other teams have him worked out. All of our other prospects appear to be genuine 12's or 13's, Toupou, CTM and Rasolea.

I think we should target someone like Cooper Vuna. Vuna is a very good S15 standard winger and has strong team ethos. He's probably pretty open to suggestions at the moment too. Not sure how long he is contracted for.
Give Stubbs a run. He is fast, he runs good lines and can kick well. Two seasons with a good team and he will be a very good player.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stubbs has only played a few minutes for the Force but I really liked what I saw. Enthusiasm coming out the wazoo. Unless there is some glaring problem (e.g. defence) that I didn't get a chance to see, I'd definitely start him over Dellit.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hanson is a big improvement on Charles for the Force, I wouldn't have Charles anywhere near the Wallabies at the moment either, maybe 5/6th on the pecking order.

Maybe. Maybe not. At the moment I'd pick Charles fourth behind Moore, TPN and Hanson. It isn't unrealistic that two hookers are injured at the same time- especially when one is TPN- so yes Charles is a potential Wallaby.

Charles' form hasn't been great this year, but he has only really played four games and now he is written off for the year anyway.

Last year I would have said he was roughly on par with Hanson. Hanson's stats looked better than Charles' in a lot of areas but Charles started every game last year and Hanson split the role with Fainga'a. It is also hard to judge the impact a hooker has in the scrum with the other variables that come into it. I personally think that Charles is a better scrummaging hooker than Hanson, but I can't back that up.

M

Moono75

Stubbs has only played a few minutes for the Force but I really liked what I saw. Enthusiasm coming out the wazoo. Unless there is some glaring problem (e.g. defence) that I didn't get a chance to see, I'd definitely start him over Dellit.
Stubbs looked OK in the preseason. At this point you either fire a shot by doing something different with a selection like Stubbs or you put the cue in the rack for another season. This is a must win against the Rebels. Dellit hasn't been memorable on the wing so swing a change and give Stubbs a shot with Junior (unless the Badger is back fit).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Charles is a better hooker than you give him credit for

He needs to focus on his game and quit with all the off the ball niggly crap and cheap shots......... it doesn't make him a tough guy.........

T

TOCC

Foley would have offered the carrot of more game time, Hanson wouldn't leave the Reds to go to the Force without more game time/starting role been on the table.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon there is still a chance the force could pick up some of the other UQ lads. Lance is the obvious one, but McDulling and S. Morahan might also get trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.