• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not really, we're setup pretty well with talakai, Tupou and faagaase all options to develop over time.

If AA wanted to move for a guaranteed start at tighthead his best bet would be the force and then the rebels

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
If I was the force or even the rebels I would be dropping cash to bring Michael Ala'alatoa back from the Crusaders.
IF the force want to be competitive they have to be able to win and or dominate a scrum, and at the moment tighthead is where they are losing it.
I personally think Australia has the depth to support all of their super rugby sides, it’s the talent identification that leaves a lot to be desired.
When you have people like Ben Volavola, Michael Ala'alatoa, Sam Green and even Bill Meakes having to leave the country to get a professional gig, while super rugby teams sign players based on pure marketing gimmicks (Goramaru)…then you know you have a problem.
Not to mention that two of these aforementioned players are getting solid minutes with the Crusaders, arguably the best super franchise of the modern era.
On paper the Force when fully fit have a solid team, add a few of the ‘lost’ talent and you’re on to something.
  1. Pek Cowan
  2. Harry Scoble
  3. Michael Ala'alatoa
  4. Ben Matwijow
  5. Adam Coleman
  6. Angus Cottrell
  7. Matt Hodgson
  8. Ben McCalman
  9. Ian Prior
  10. Jono Lance
  11. Curtis Rona
  12. Ben Tapuai
  13. Bill Meakes
  14. Luke Morahan
  15. Dane Haylet-Petty
  1. Anaru Rangi
  2. Tetera Faulkner
  3. Jermaine Ainsley
  4. Ross Haylet-Petty
  5. Onehanga Havilli
  6. Alby Mathewson
  7. Ben Volavola
  8. Marcel Brache/Semisi Mesirewa

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Volavola is pointless- Capped by Fiji.

Do make a good point otherwise. Sam Johnson for example is another one who would be a good one to bring back. Is someone who's a bit between a Tapuai and an Inman, wouldn't be a bad option for the Rebels or the Force, maybe even someone else depending on departures over the next 12 months.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but some Force's fan know how is going the tickets sale for the Pumas game at Perth?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but some Force's fan know how is going the tickets sale for the Pumas game at Perth?

I think sales are done mostly online via the big ticketing agencies, more so than through the rugby unions in each locality.

There seems to be tickets still available for sale. In saying that, the stadium seats 20k which is a reasonable size but not massive.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
wessels at 33 could have easily signed on as an assistant again...bit strange to pass up on teh experience of an aussie like oconnor or a international coach with SA links with Meyer

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely not!

Four Super Starting standard, if not better in Carter, Enever, Staniforth and Arnold isn't overkill at lock. So much so that Fardy can play his preferred 6 after an excellent season the previous year in the second row?

Having so many tightheads that they can choose to play Australia's best ever Tighthead at Junior level at loosehead?

Enough backrow depth/recruitment ability to cover losing Hooper, Fainga’a, Mowen, Vaea, Auelua & Kimlin and still having one of the best backrows in Australia?

Couldn't possibly be warehousing talent.

They're not wrong to secure every talented player they can. The Australian Coach however should continuously make it clear to players that not being best XV at your Super Side will negatively impact your chances at Super Rugby selection.

Glad to see the mistake regarding Allalatola has been rectified though.

This post brought to you by...........

logo_aca.png

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Thankyou Western Force. No matter how bad things get at Ballymore you always remind me it could be worse.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Fuck it. I am gonna back him, if the players wanted to keep him then obviously they are willing to play for him. Get a good forwards coach and it could be the goods.

Anyone else see the article that says hat Mathewson, Charles were leaving as well? Anyone know where to?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So the tin foil hat brigade will say it's because he is on a small salary and will ride out the end of the forces position in super rugby. I hope it's not true.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.