• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are Thrush and Mccauley really setting the standard for mobility amongst Australian based locks?

Perhaps not - but they are the ones we have.
But teams still need coverage for all positions.
Selection decisions are based on who's available

Thrush is still a good option - especially if all he needs to do is 20 mins off the bench.
McCauley is certainly a developing player.

Locks are proving to be expensive.
I suggest Sita is a good investment.
Moving forward and MIH.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Are Thrush and Mccauley really setting the standard for mobility amongst Australian based locks?
Yes.

Thrush runs the 100 metres in 11 seconds. He's like a spring chicken. Michael Cheika described his line-out jumping as explosive. David Rennie is very impressed with McCauley. McCauley evidently covers 20 kilometres kn the 30 minutes he typically spends on the field. His tackle and runs stats in the double digits also attest to this.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
It's been a very good week or so for the Force.

Since that Brumbies game the following has happened;

- First win in Super Rugby AU. It was scratchy at times but a win is a win. That was important.
- Pulu and Anstee came into the team and dominated. They have added to the first XV and if they can keep that up they will really be important top class players.
- Cubelli and McIntyre started together for the first time. McIntyre was impressive off the bench against the Brumbies but looked scratchy in the first half against the Tahs. They will be better for the run out. When they gel with the backline we should see more fluidity.
- New signings. The English winger and Timani are big additions. Both will be available now. Lee-Warner and Thrush have done well but it's a big load to carry. MacCauley has looked decent in cameos. But adding Timani brings size, power and aggression. A top signing.
- The following season. A criticism of the Force is that they haven't brought back potential Wallabies at their peak. Well Rodda is definitely that. If he signs it's a huge statement and in a position where we need top class players. Add in a couple of more signings like that and perhaps bring back Tizzano and Haylett- Petty and the squad is looking more competitive.

It's been a really big week in Force land. From next week we can have 75% capacity too so while this Friday's game should see 50% or approximately 11k (if the same strange circumstances as last time don't repeat) we can expect passionate crowds, an improving team and another win this Friday against the Rebels really sets us up.

What a time to be a Force fan

Random thought. Thrush was good in both games but obviously gassed. The big man gets better with game time. It was the same last season and by round 4-5 he was playing 70-80 mins effectively. He's a top player and I reckon he'll do the same again this year. Might just be peaking around finals time - if we can get there.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Unfortunately the 10,200 limit includes all staff (including catering, entertainment and security) and corporate allocations (whether they are used or not) so the actual number in the stands is much less, unfortunately.

Thanks for that explanation. Been wondering why there was only 7.5k in a 50% capacity 22k stadium.
Hopefully when it gets to 75% it will feel more full! Still a great atmosphere

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to get some promo early in the week.

0712_001.jpg

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good team for the Rebels game.
Hope the changes are part of rotation rather than dictated by injury as thought Anstee had a good game last week.

Santos-Team-list-2021-Exports-Game-3-Round-4.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I understand that Sita's wife has family in Perth.
Maybe there was no deal until he/they came out of quarantine (?).

I am ok with Timani as probably got a few seasons in him and he could actually push for wallaby selection at least (as opposed to another non oz aged rugby player)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Agreed. McIntyre was pretty terrible. I thought the Force attack worked better last year. I know Lance gave up a couple of penalties in the first week, but I've always thought he's alright.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Agreed. McIntyre was pretty terrible. I thought the Force attack worked better last year. I know Lance gave up a couple of penalties in the first week, but I've always thought he's alright.
I watched a game a couple of years ago in France and Jake was on fire. He seems to have lost his upbeat attitude and elusive play. Made some critical mistakes last night that cost the game. Bring in either Lance or Miotti.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I watched a game a couple of years ago in France and Jake was on fire. He seems to have lost his upbeat attitude and elusive play. Made some critical mistakes last night that cost the game. Bring in either Lance or Miotti.

I reckon he's better than what's he's currently offering.
I hope we get a chance to see it soon.
Even if it's after a couple of week's break.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
He doesn’t seem confident, or motivated for that matter. He’s always been a bit hot and cold, and I thought that inconsistency may improve with maturity.