• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If he is injured long term why is the Roar article they talking about him being in the mix for the RWC?
If he wasn’t injured he would have been talked about being in the mix for the RWC regardless of this signing. I haven’t read the Roar article but I’m guessing the author saw the signing and got a bit excited about it, or had a big night, or both.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If he wasn’t injured he would have been talked about being in the mix for the RWC regardless of this signing. I haven’t read the Roar article but I’m guessing the author saw the signing and got a bit excited about it, or had a big night, or both.
I thought he was injured. Roar article might just be clickbailt. Normally Doran is pretty tuned in for these player movement rumours.
IMG_1064.jpeg

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
They suggest it was an ankle injury and he should be almost recovered. I also think the overseas player rules are very flexible and if Eddie wanted him he could have still picked him regardless of the signing. Great for the force though

Gives wallabies great cover though knowing that these guys are all playing in France (TKB, Jake Gordon, Lolesio, Paenga-Amosa) as it just means 1 injury and he can swap them into the squad very quickly

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Congrats Force. BPA comes across as a great bloke and is one of the better hookers we have produced in Australia.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought he was injured. Roar article might just be clickbailt. Normally Doran is pretty tuned in for these player movement rumours. View attachment 16942
True, I guess it’s possible that it would have been difficult to justify wasting a foreign player spot on him if he’s only a slim chance of being fit in time for the WC, but if he’s classified as ‘domestic‘ then he can be brought into the squad in the rehab group and if he’s fit he’s fit, if he’s not he’s not.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He’s signed for 2025? What is this, the NRL?
i have now read the article. It’s the Nic White clause from 2019. I don’t know if it’s just Doran speculating but it sounds like he will be back playing for Montpelier while the RWC is on so if we get an injury during the tournament he could be called in without having to modify the foreign player limit.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think someone who has signed for the following following year should be eligible. That's just taking the piss.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't think someone who has signed for the following following year should be eligible. That's just taking the piss.
I said that about White last time around but I was ignored by Rugby Australia. I would much rather a fit BPA in the squad than Richie Arnold though if we need to use one of the 5 spots on him.

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
?? How is that the same?

White played in 2019 having signed for 2020.

BPA could potentially play in 2023 having signed for 2025.
It sounds like it’s exactly the same because although his contract with the Force doesn’t officially start until 2025 he can potentially play in 2024, once Montpellier are dispensed with. White turned up for a game or two at the arse end of the 2020 season from memory. Anyway, as I said I rather they use one of the foreign player spots on him. Assuming he is fit.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It sounds like it’s exactly the same because although his contract with the Force doesn’t officially start until 2025 he can potentially play in 2024, once Montpellier are dispensed with. White turned up for a game or two at the arse end of the 2020 season from memory. Anyway, as I said I rather they use one of the foreign player spots on him. Assuming he is fit.
Oh I see you're right, White wasn't at the Brumbies in 2020 (properly).

joegj1995

Banned
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

Western Force 2024 (26 signed*)

Head Coach - Simon Cron - 2024
Defence Coach - Will Eggleston - 2024
Forwards Coach - Jimmy Duffy - 2024

Prop:
Angus Wagner - 2024
Bo Abra - 2024
Charlie Hancock - 2025
Tom Robertson - 2025*
Wilton Rebolo - "Long Term"

Hooker
Feleti Kaitu'u - 2024
Tom Horton - 2025

Lock
Izack Rodda - 2024
Jackson Pugh - 2024
Jeremy Williams - 2024

Back Row
Tim Anstee - 2024
Kane Koteka - 2025
Ollie Callan - 2024
Michael Wells - 2024
Felix Kalapu - ('long term')
Will Harris - 2025

Srumhalf
Ian Prior - 2024
Nic White - 2025

Flyhalf
Max Burey - 2025
Ben Donaldson - 2025

Centre
Hamish Stewart - 2024
Sam Spink - 2024
George Poolman - 2025
Bayley Kuenzle - 2025

Wing
Harry Potter - 2025

Fullback
Chase Tiatia - 2024

* Tom Robertson on sabbatical in 2024
UNSIGNED:
Santiago Medrano - (2023)
Siosifa Amone - ???
Andrew Romano - ???
Ned Slack-Smith - ???
Henry Robertson - 2023
Issak Fines-Leleiwasa - 2023
Reesjan Pasitoa - 2023
Oliver Cummins - ???
Daniel Ala - ???
Toni Pulu - ???

CONFIRMED GONE:
Folau Fainga'a - Clermont, France
Gareth Simpson - Saracens
Jack Winchester -Back studying in QLD
Ryan McCauley - Damiers (France)
Jake Strachan - TBC
Reece Tapine - TBC
Grayson Makara - TBC
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco - Brive
Zach Kibirige - Biarritz
Will Sankey - TBC
Rupeni Mataele - TBC
Manasa Mataele - TBC
Bryce Hegarty - TBC

RUMOURED GONE:
Cummins signed until 2025, was on the graphic they uploaded when they announced his signing. IFL and Pasitoa have re-signed also.

joegj1995

Banned
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

Western Force 2024 (26 signed*)

Head Coach - Simon Cron - 2024
Defence Coach - Will Eggleston - 2024
Forwards Coach - Jimmy Duffy - 2024

Prop:
Angus Wagner - 2024
Bo Abra - 2024
Charlie Hancock - 2025
Tom Robertson - 2025*
Wilton Rebolo - "Long Term"

Hooker
Feleti Kaitu'u - 2024
Tom Horton - 2025

Lock
Izack Rodda - 2024
Jackson Pugh - 2024
Jeremy Williams - 2024

Back Row
Tim Anstee - 2024
Kane Koteka - 2025
Ollie Callan - 2024
Michael Wells - 2024
Felix Kalapu - ('long term')
Will Harris - 2025

Srumhalf
Ian Prior - 2024
Nic White - 2025

Flyhalf
Max Burey - 2025
Ben Donaldson - 2025

Centre
Hamish Stewart - 2024
Sam Spink - 2024
George Poolman - 2025
Bayley Kuenzle - 2025

Wing
Harry Potter - 2025

Fullback
Chase Tiatia - 2024

* Tom Robertson on sabbatical in 2024
UNSIGNED:
Santiago Medrano - (2023)
Siosifa Amone - ???
Andrew Romano - ???
Ned Slack-Smith - ???
Henry Robertson - 2023
Issak Fines-Leleiwasa - 2023
Reesjan Pasitoa - 2023
Oliver Cummins - ???
Daniel Ala - ???
Toni Pulu - ???

CONFIRMED GONE:
Folau Fainga'a - Clermont, France
Gareth Simpson - Saracens
Jack Winchester -Back studying in QLD
Ryan McCauley - Damiers (France)
Jake Strachan - TBC
Reece Tapine - TBC
Grayson Makara - TBC
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco - Brive
Zach Kibirige - Biarritz
Will Sankey - TBC
Rupeni Mataele - TBC
Manasa Mataele - TBC
Bryce Hegarty - TBC

RUMOURED GONE:
Kalapu and Rebolo are both signed until 2025, was on the graphic that was uploaded when they were announced as signings.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Collaboration post between this thread and the "news from unexpected places". WF have signed what I think are 22 year old Botswanan twins.

They also have great names: Bame and Basi Malesu.