• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Brumbies - HBF - Saturday, 20 May 2023

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Close to the same winning team as last week.
Pleasing to see Fainga'a face up for 2 in a row after big effort last week

Good to see Pulu off the bench.
More comfortable with a 5-3 split off the bench.

Go you good things!!

Force v Brumbies.jpg

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
SAFEGUARD GLOBAL ACT BRUMBIES ROUND 13 TEAM

1. Blake Schoupp, Gungahlin Eagles

2. Billy Pollard, Uni-Norths Owls

3. Rhys Van Nek, Uni-Norths Owls

4. Darcy Swain, Tuggeranong Vikings

5. Tom Hooper, Tuggeranong Vikings

6. Charlie Cale, Uni-Norths Owls

7. Rory Scott, Canberra Royals

8. Pete Samu, Gungahlin Eagles

9. Ryan Lonergan (C), Tuggeranong Vikings

10. Jack Debreczeni, Uni-Norths Owls

11. Corey Toole, Gungahlin Eagles

12. Tamati Tua, Queanbeyan Whites

13. Hudson Creighton, Queanbeyan Whites

14. Ollie Sapsford, Uni-Norths Owls

15. Andy Muirhead, Canberra Royals

REPLACEMENTS

16. Connal McInerney, Canberra Royals

17. Fred Kaihea, Queanbeyan Whites

18. Sefo Kautai, Canberra Royals

19. Jack Wright, Tuggeranong Vikings

20. Luke Reimer, Western Districts Lions

21. Klayton Thorn*, Gungahlin Eagles

22. Noah Lolesio, Tuggeranong Vikings

23. Jesse Mogg, Western District Lions

*Denotes Super Rugby Pacific, ACT Brumbies debut

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Brumbies short on locks? Weird

Or is this the Brumbies absolutely disrespecting the Force by sending their C team

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

Or is this the Brumbies absolutely disrespecting the Force by sending their C team
Happy either way.............
Probably just recognising that WF has no-one taller than 196 cm available.
Hooper 199 and Swain 200.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Wallaby rest time coming into play... although Neville must be carrying an injury as he's had a few weeks off now?

I had an inkling it might be this game due to the schedule.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assuming Rory Scott wasn't injured last week, it'll be interesting to see which of Scott, Reimer, Brown start/bench/miss out from a full strength 23.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assuming Rory Scott wasn't injured last week, it'll be interesting to see which of Scott, Reimer, Brown start/bench/miss out from a full strength 23.

I reckon Reimer will continue to be the bench option as his breakdown work has been crucial in those later stages of the game...

I think Scott has to get the starting gig going forward, and the Brumbies have missed his defensive efforts over the last couple of weeks.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
From the Brumbies media release:
Rugby Australia's Rugby World Cup resting policy sees James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Len Ikitau and Tom Wright rested for the Brumbies trip to the west.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
From the Brumbies media release:
Rugby Australia's Rugby World Cup resting policy sees James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Len Ikitau and Tom Wright rested for the Brumbies trip to the west.
Such a crap policy. I was looking forward to seeing the Force play the Brumbies team full of Wallabies.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I reckon Reimer will continue to be the bench option as his breakdown work has been crucial in those later stages of the game...

I think Scott has to get the starting gig going forward, and the Brumbies have missed his defensive efforts over the last couple of weeks.

I actually think his d/lack of physicality counts against him in a head to head with Brown.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Most of Swain's games have been off the bench I think, which would affect his stats?
Very good point, means that graphic is almost useless ha. Williams has played twice as many minutes as Swain. So really the only remarkable stat is his defenders beat.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
None of those stats tell you how many maul tries Jeremy Williams has conceded or failed to convert or scrum penalties lost and not won due to being undersized.

Last edited: