• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Brumbies - HBF - Saturday, 20 May 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Disagree. Testing yourself against NZ's best before it becomes knock out makes a lot of sense. There was enough talent still in this squad that they were a chance for this game. Like I said, The Force wanted this more. Well done. Entertaining game.
Well I meant if they beat the Chiefs they could finish #1 - now they can't. Needed to get the job done here first.

They'll now likely finish 3rd and face the Tahs in the quarters!

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Great team effort by the Force. Played what was in front of them and got it done. Spinks and Tizzano were huge but moreso it was the team mindset....don't lose at home. Cron is building it right and the team is coming together. Need to add players next year without destroying the dynamic. Big games to come. Last home game against the Chiefs.will be huge. Proud performance tonight!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Great team effort by the Force. Played what was in front of them and got it done. Spinks and Tizzano were huge but moreso it was the team mindset....don't lose at home. Cron is building it right and the team is coming together. Need to add players next year without destroying the dynamic. Big games to come. Last home game against the Chiefs.will be huge. Proud performance tonight!
You've very likely face a Chiefs side without a couple All Blacks if they beat the Brumbies. Should go 6-0 at home.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great game but only watched the highlights amazing scoring opportunities taken. I thought the Brumbies D was not up to scratch. Is that true for the whole game?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There were some times when we busted open the Brumbies defence for sure. Spink ran some great angles and we had a couple of blokes who drove through contact very well.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Really rammed home my own arrogance as a Brums fan who assumed theyd be fine. Force were more desperate throughout and showed maturity to hold briums out when it looked like they were about to roll over the top of them.

Burey and Williams were outstanding, and Spink did have a good night (though Creighton won't enjoy the review).

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
For the first time in a very long time I drove to the ground feeling serene and almost confident that we'd get the chocolates last night. We started well, played some smart footy, resisted the Brumbies fightback and through the second half looked ever more likely to win. We fully deserved that last night. It wasn't luck. We did the basics well and took the points.

Cron is building something good over here.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really wouldn’t mind Cron getting some type of role with the Wallabies for the Lions series. Always rated him since his achievements with Norths. The players said he was a genius, and what he did with a lightweight Tahs pack in 2018 was nothing short of miracles. Tahs choosing Gibson over him was a disgrace.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
the resting policy for a regular season where each team only plays 14 games is simply ridiculous, NZ can do it if they want but Australian rugby doesn't have the depth to that and its shown this year, ruins the integrity of the comp.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
the resting policy for a regular season where each team only plays 14 games is simply ridiculous, NZ can do it if they want but Australian rugby doesn't have the depth to that and its shown this year, ruins the integrity of the comp.
There's nothing wrong with the resting policy, it's neccessary but I think teams should just be smarter about it. Brumbies throwing the match in Christchurch is fine but you don't disrespect the Force in Perth and think you can still win playing an even worse side than the one you did in ChCh. They could've staggered their Wallabies resting by doing 1-2 in the lead up match to this one.