• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Lions - Rnd 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
What Australia needs is something unique, like the IPL. It changed the cricket landscape.

How about 40 min games where the only thing that matters is tries scored (I.E they count as goals in football). It's not pure rugby, but the games are shorter and it may generate a lot of interest since the goal will be to score tries and win.

Then get the entire world to compete in the competition.

Thumb-suck idea but just maybe something along those lines.

The time zones is a bit of a problem; however you'd still have the Kiwi and Japanese market and you could host the tournament somewhere else every 3rd year or so.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What Australia needs is something unique, like the IPL. It changed the cricket landscape.

How about 40 min games where the only thing that matters is tries scored (I.E they count as goals in football). It's not pure rugby, but the games are shorter and it may generate a lot of interest since the goal will be to score tries and win.

The time zones is a bit of a problem; however you'd still have the Kiwi and Japanese market and you could host the tournament somewhere else every 3rd year or so.
Hmmmm, we already have a unique form of "rugby" which has stripped back lots of the complications from the full game. It's already pretty popular........

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

Just outlaw rolling mauls and watch the fans come streaming back.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
fair enough,but by axing the Force,all the Super teams in Aus will be located in a coastal strip(with a wee detour inland)on the eastern side of the continent-the rest of the country will be left a rugby wilderness,would you tolerate that in SA?

>90% of the population of Aus exists on that coastal strip.

M

Moono75

>90% of the population of Aus exists on that coastal strip.
We are all about social inclusion here on the West Coast.....not segregation. Lets not instigate a "geographical" apartheid because it's deemed too hard to include us.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
We are all about social inclusion here on the West Coast...not segregation. Lets not instigate a "geographical" apartheid because it's deemed too hard to include us.
Aren't you guys the secession state. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BLR

You realise that most of WA's population is included in that 90%, being on the coast, of the island.

Well the comment you quoted mentioned the EASTERN coast. I know for sure I don't live on the Eastern coast.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well the comment you quoted mentioned the EASTERN coast. I know for sure I don't live on the Eastern coast.

Fair enough, I missed the word "Eastern" in the original quote. Pitfalls of trying to be a smart-arse. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.