• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Waratahs: Saturday 16th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
From who? Because no Twiggy was not involved in any capacity then and didn't want to bankroll them because he was offside with Rugby Australia.

FWIW, I thought the Rebels should've been punted.
I think most sound people thought that tbh.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I am somewhat embarrassed to be engaging with Shiggins in an argument involving historically recorded facts…

I should know better
Your choosing the stats to suite your agenda. I was simply saying they had a good year and were better than most other Aussie sides.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Forget all this east coast west coast rubbish, the Force lost because they couldn’t slow the ruck speed in the first 15 minutes of the game and then couldn’t convert their own pressure later on. If the Force can pickup one or two backs with some of Matele’s game breaking ability then they’ll be on track. There just weren’t enough threats to worry the Tahs, especially without IFW coming on in the last 30 to take advantage of the Tahs’ tiring forwards.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I am somewhat embarrassed to be engaging with Shiggins in an argument involving historically recorded facts…

I should know better.
So am I wrong ? Where we not 7th in the Australasian group? Were we not the second best in Aus ? Embarresed ? Grow up mate. Fair enough we were not in contention for finals and it was further away than I remember but everything else I have said is right. We lost all our players, they were a good side,

Last edited:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Forget all this east coast west coast rubbish, the Force lost because they couldn’t slow the ruck speed in the first 15 minutes of the game and then couldn’t convert their own pressure later on. If the Force can pickup one or two backs with some of Matele’s game breaking ability then they’ll be on track. There just weren’t enough threats to worry the Tahs, especially without IFW coming on in the last 30 to take advantage of the Tahs’ tiring forwards.
Force were rubbish. No One disagrees with that.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hahahahahaha no it wasn't.
The force had financial backing and had a fan base which is something almost none of the other super sides had.
At the time they were cut, Western Force had run deficits for years and were essentially insolvent, ARU took over control of the Western Force in early 2016 from RugbyWA because of this.

Twiggy did come to the party later on once RA said they were been cut and offered to bankroll them.

In a messed up way, ARU cutting the Force may be the best thing for the club long term, it brought a billionaire into the mix whose now investing more then the club ever could itself.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I did end up leaving early tonight. I love my team but that was garbage.
It looks like such a great ground to watch footie at. Nice weather too. Really like the grandstands behind the goal. I want to stand down the front behind the posts like Earle Kirton wearing nothing but my Blues cape and Blues speedos and Blues wrestling mask and get pelted with tinnies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Why are they persisting with a super round in Melbourne ? Where no one watches rugby ?
At the time they were cut, Western Force had run deficits for years and were essentially insolvent, ARU took over control of the Western Force in early 2016 from RugbyWA because of this.

Twiggy did come to the party later on once Rugby Australia said they were been cut and offered to bankroll them.

In a messed up way, ARU cutting the Force may be the best thing for the club long term, it brought a billionaire into the mix whose now investing more then the club ever could itself.
If the Aru treated the force and the rebels equality they would never have had any financial issues.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I actually thought it was a very Wallabies vs. All Blacks performance from them. Blown off the park early but then dominated territory and possession for the majority of the match without being able to completely capitalise. I don’t think they were completely rubbish.
It was rubbish imo. Something's gone a miss for sure. Can't play so well for the first 2 weeks and then fall in a heap. I agree with your analogy.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
It looks like such a great ground to watch footie at. Nice weather too. Really like the grandstands behind the goal. I want to stand down the front behind the posts like Earle Kirton wearing nothing but my Blues cape and Blues speedos and Blues wrestling mask and get pelted with tinnies.
Please give ample warning if you decide to visit and do that.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Please give ample warning if you decide to visit and do that.
Oh hell no.

I'm too handsome to die this young.

WeepyBrokenDassie-max-1mb.gif

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rarely do teams go from last to first in one season. We think it can happen because the occasional outlier does, but its exceedingly rare. Mid-table is what you'd expect from the squad we have, no more, because we lack experience and/or talent in a few key positions. If we can retain 80% of the team and add a few in key positions then we can shoot for top four next year. We still lack serious experienced depth at hooker, prop, lock, 10, wings and are one or two injuries away from younglings.

Look at the list of players just getting established from last night's team: 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 are all just starting their Super careers. If we picked the Australian 15 now you'd think only 2 players: Porecki and Hooper would be potential starters. Bell definitely and maybe Perese and Gordon might be chances for the bench if someone gets injured. But that's it.

They're not under-performing, they're exactly where you'd expect them to be.
And getting better week by week. Won't surprise me if they go better against the NZ sides than either of the Reds or Brumbies (this year).

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I actually thought it was a very Wallabies vs. All Blacks performance from them. Blown off the park early but then dominated territory and possession for the majority of the match without being able to completely capitalise. I don’t think they were completely rubbish.
Agreed, the force came out disjointed and not fired up. Once they got some continuity and commitment it was a more evenly contested game. I wrote earlier the players missing would’ve made a difference. I think that had a lot more to do with the result/performance than what happened in the past. What’s happened in the past has happened. It was shitty, build a bridge. If Rhoda plays, Tahs lineout is under the pump, if Fines his speed and running game give something else for the Tahs to worry about….

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We have to make this a sanctioned GAGR event somehow. We could fill a stand with punters pinging tubes at you.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
We could fill a stand with punters pinging tubes at you.
corona-virus-virus.gif

"Just keep the queue moving in an orderly manner....."
"But..... but..... what happens if they run out of tins before I get in?"

"Don't worry, ma'am. Twiggy has kindly donated a quarter of a million tins just for this special occasion....."

Status
Not open for further replies.