• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Stormers Round 10 @ Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Shit cop Out in the end as well. Force the better team on the night but didn't have the rub of the ref. A weak penalty try from a first scrum didn't help. Godwin's try not being looked at. Stormers players laying on the ball and at the end and clearly not letting the force play quickly from their penalty. The force couldn't buy a home Ref this year

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Marto actually making an insightful comment. The Force when we need a try, have no one that is a go to man. We need to recruit smartly for next year in the backs. Foley can get enough out of an average forward pack, it's the backs we need a few stars.

It's ridiculous that our marquee signing, a lock, can't even make the bench.
No go to men? Big dog. Mafi. DHP

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I did notice once we went through a heap of phases morohan and Cummins came into the game a tad. To be honest it's the first game this year our wingers have touched the ball

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What did the commentators say about the penalty try. Watching live it looked like the penalty should have actually gone to the Force for the stormers 1 boring in. His entire body from when the ball was fed was pointing towards the far goalposts.
The force scrum looked to hold strait even though going backwards. The stormers turned it but we were going backwards so it's hard to argue the penalty. Not a penalty try though

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Once again as well you can't falt the force effort. With the remount of ball we had the penalty count is remarkable. And it's not the first game like this this year. Refs don't like giving us penalties or something. I don't get it. One in particular when burger was in from the side hands on the ball and flopped on it. This was about 3 seconds after the ruck. And the ref didn't even think about a penalty. Just our luck

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Hi.
A few weeks ago I realized Sias Eberson wasnt the first choice kicker.
From what I've seen Burton ( I think, #12) Shirley can't be that much better than Sias?
Sias carrying an injury?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thought Cottrell was the pick of the back row when he came on. A real star in the making. McCalman good again and Mafi is streets ahead of Wykes. Mafi and Coleman should be the second row imo. Alcock was not very effectice though put in a lot of work. Just didn't achieve much.

Burton/Godwin is really not working as a centre combo either. DHP looks to be next best No 15 behind Izzy atm.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Thought Cottrell was the pick of the back row when he came on. A real star in the making. McCalman good again and Mafi is streets ahead of Wykes. Mafi and Coleman should be the second row imo. Alcock was not very effectice though put in a lot of work. Just didn't achieve much.

Burton/Godwin is really not working as a centre combo either. DHP looks to be next best No 15 behind Izzy atm.
I thought dog had his best game this year. At least running the ball.

DHP was awesome last year when he came into the side and has been our best back since then. Hopefully he plays out his years in Perth. We need a back like him to stick around.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

I live in the hope that a bunch of our young guys will come good about the same time. The way DHP is going is heart warming compared to the way the Force are going in general. I agree about the centre combo but I am pleased at the way Burton has stepped up. I would be tempted to use one of Godwin or Burton at 10 and the other at 12. I think we need a bigger 13 (would love someone like Kerevi) at 13. Rasolea is okay but doesn't play big enough.

I think he needs help, we can send you Graham for a Foley - Graham partnership.

I am thinking more that Foley can do some work experience over in Queensland with Graham. :)

Hi.
A few weeks ago I realized Sias Eberson wasnt the first choice kicker.
From what I've seen Burton ( I think, #12) Shirley can't be that much better than Sias?
Sias carrying an injury?

I don't know. Sias hasn't always done the kicking in the past and he had a couple of shocking games earlier in the season. Sias definitely seems down on form from last year so maybe he is injured.

M

Moono75

It's not so much about Sias being off his kicking game this year. He just isn't the fly half to take the team forward.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Are Force fans getting sick of the Foley % ball game yet? You know it doesn't get better than this? If you get a blessed run with injuries and a couple of close 50:50 calls in a few games you will make the finals. Just when things go the other way you get this season, though Foley can produce the stats to show you how they won the competition.

It was dire at the Tahs and is no better at the Force. You should take note that he achieved the same results at the Tahs with many more Wallabies. Not much positive to say about the play as it is simply the same as it always is give or take a %

@Shiggins, do you cut and paste your posts? Really need to look at what the Force are doing a lot more than what the opposition is getting away with From Your Viewpoint.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Are Force fans getting sick of the Foley % ball game yet? You know it doesn't get better than this? If you get a blessed run with injuries and a couple of close 50:50 calls in a few games you will make the finals. Just when things go the other way you get this season, though Foley can produce the stats to show you how they won the competition.

It was dire at the Tahs and is no better at the Force. You should take note that he achieved the same results at the Tahs with many more Wallabies. Not much positive to say about the play as it is simply the same as it always is give or take a %

@Shiggins, do you cut and paste your posts? Really need to look at what the Force are doing a lot more than what the opposition is getting away with From Your Viewpoint.

Absolutely, but the more concerning thing is how much harder recruitment is going to become. It's now proven categorically that Foley doesn't have the answers. Only fringe players are going to be interested in 2 more years of that.

Oh and please don't speak directly to Shiggins, through a systematic approach of ignoring his posts we nearly had him believing in a matrix type scenario, where he was the only rugby supporter left in WA and he was actually communing with artificial intelligence who sought to do him harm by failing to support his deranged notions that the Force LOSE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEEK BECAUSE THE REFS ARE BIASED.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
After week after week of trying to figure out why they won the game on the stats sheet, but lost on the scoreline, I think Honey Badger hit on the main reason during his post-match interview - decision-making.

Despite the naysayers rants, their attack is looking much better - they had several linebreaks, half-breaks and got over the advantage line against one of the best defenses in the comp, yet they can never finish off the movement or turn the pressure into points because of poor decision-making or not being able to execute under pressure.

How many times have they been camped on the opponents try line and come away with nothing? Sometimes it's poor decision-making by the captain to not take the points from a penalty, sometimes its a player not making the last pass to put someone away, and sometimes its a handling error or a poor pass.

Decision-making and execution under pressure - that's been the consistent failure.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
After week after week of trying to figure out why they won the game on the stats sheet, but lost on the scoreline, I think Honey Badger hit on the main reason during his post-match interview - decision-making.

Despite the naysayers rants, their attack is looking much better - they had several linebreaks, half-breaks and got over the advantage line against one of the best defenses in the comp, yet they can never finish off the movement or turn the pressure into points because of poor decision-making or not being able to execute under pressure.

How many times have they been camped on the opponents try line and come away with nothing? Sometimes it's poor decision-making by the captain to not take the points from a penalty, sometimes its a player not making the last pass to put someone away, and sometimes its a handling error or a poor pass.

Decision-making and execution under pressure - that's been the consistent failure.

Absolutely. The team rush things. They have patience to get into position to score then the last touch is rushed and things go wrong. Perfect example being on the weekend the Force were swinging wide after pick and goes led them to be within a few metres of the line. Prior pushed a pass where he should have gone to ground, Badger didn't get clean service and spilled what was a try scoring position. Result was a scrum to the Stormers and a clearance kick.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Lets also not forget the relative youthfulness of some of the key players.
Adam Coleman has 1 season and is 23
Ollie Hoskins has one season and is 22
Kane Koteka has 6 games and is 21
Luke Burton has 10 games and is 21
Kyle Godwin has 35 and is 22
Ross Haylett-Petty has 1 game and is 21

Those guys are all in or around the match day 23, so there is not much experience there. IF we can keep them all together, that has the makings of a reasonable team, and their decision making will improve with more game time.

It also highlights how important the experience of Matt Hodgson is.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Hello Michael, I thought you would have learnt that statistics meant Jack shit when you don't coach the side's skills to execute more than the percentage plays. Just like the Tahs showed they had the best ball retention, lineout steals, gain line, defence etc etc.

The Force are playing the exact same game without a couple of stellar individuals able to pull something out of the hat to score on their own.

The numbers game is a plan not to win on your merits, but a plan to try not to lose. You do know there is a difference?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Shit cop Out in the end as well. Force the better team on the night but didn't have the rub of the ref. A weak penalty try from a first scrum didn't help. Godwin's try not being looked at. Stormers players laying on the ball and at the end and clearly not letting the force play quickly from their penalty. The force couldn't buy a home Ref this year
:) You seem to just cant help yourself with the excuses. Force will have to wait another year to try and win against SA S15 teams. Maybe they can get one over the Kings.

Force 6 13 DHL Stormers

Force 15 24 Toyota Cheetahs

Cell C Sharks 15 9 Force
Vodacom Bulls 25 24 Force

Easy 4 points for SA teams in 2015.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We had 3 from 4 last year and at least none of our losses against SA sides were embarrassing. And far from easy for those SA sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.