• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As has been said earlier: I understand we need to make it a club that exists outside the Axis Of Evil and North Shore. With Eastwood pulling out of the financials, it also casts a bad light on them having so many players.

But right now there simply aren't enough talented semi-pro players in Parra and Penrith to put together a competitive team. Their positions on the Shute Shield ladder bear that out.

We start like this, we move forward, and eventually those pathways grow and broaden to the point where Sydney can maybe even look at another franchise.

Maybe you even get those players from Manly and other clubs looking at their opportunities in the west, helping to strengthen the Premier Club scene.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I am not sure about this selection, I can't help but feel that WH, Parra and Penrith have been hard done by, especially after contributing financially when Eastwood hasn't?

are they really in a different level of financial commitment to eastwood? answer that question.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
are they really in a different level of financial commitment to eastwood? answer that question.
Yes. Eastwood have stated they want nothing to do with the Rams. Even if the other clubs only put in a dollar, they are on a different level of commitment. Word is Parra is about to pull the pin on the Rams too after only having 2 selected in a35 man squad that's full of second graders, at least 2 from other Sydney clubs, 2 interstaters and a Fijian with no visa.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And here is why the West isn't won: despite all the challenges facing us, we still want to play politics instead of thinking long-term.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
There is certainly politics involved. There's also business. Its right for the community clubs to maximise their risk/reward balance. From some rumours I've heard there's a lot of risk, not much reward.

rimmerdee

Stan Wickham (3)
And here is why the West isn't won: despite all the challenges facing us, we still want to play politics instead of thinking long-term.
And where is your perspective from. Are you aligned with Parramatta or Penrith where all the talent comes from and in this case financial assistance to the rams.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yes. Eastwood have stated they want nothing to do with the Rams. Even if the other clubs only put in a dollar, they are on a different level of commitment. Word is Parra is about to pull the pin on the Rams too after only having 2 selected in a35 man squad that's full of second graders, at least 2 from other Sydney clubs, 2 interstaters and a Fijian with no visa.

Who are the 2nd graders? Having looked at the list I recognise most of those names from regular appearances in 1sts. I understand Parra's angst but isn't it the responsibility of those present to gather and select the best possible squad available?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Well I still got my season pass today, but squad is a bit disappointing but it does say that the larger squad will still train and players can be called into match squad..

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Eastwood were always going to form the spine of this team. I'm a little surprised with the shock being displayed here. They are probably the form team in the SAS at present and certainly the best of the 5 teams.
NO they deserve to have the largest contingent, even though their board want nothing to do with the Rams. What is disappointing is the influx of players from outside the 5 clubs, including a Fijian, a Queenslander, a Novacastrian and a Leaguie.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
NO they deserve to have the largest contingent, even though their board want nothing to do with the Rams. What is disappointing is the influx of players from outside the 5 clubs, including a Fijian and a Leaguie.

NO they deserve to have the largest contingent, even though their board want nothing to do with the Rams. What is disappointing is the influx of players from outside the 5 clubs, including a Fijian and a Leaguie.

I agree that ideally all talent should be sourced from the feeder clubs. The leaguie you're referring to who is it exactly? Same for the Fijian.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Its actually pretty proactive from the bosses.
The Newtown Jets are being replaced by Sydney Fiji in the NSW cup from next year.
The Rams are being trialled as a Fijian Union side, thats why we have so many that come from a PI background and why we got Kuridrani etc.