• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
We should throw a spanner in the works demanding that the Crusaders get cut. They're in a failed city that still partly lies in ruins and the risks of serious earthquakes are constant.

I love how NZ wants to go to 15 teams but keep the Sunwolves.

How is a team that has won one game and only gets together for 3 weeks pre-season still allowed to stay in Super Rugby (Takes the Super our of Super Rugby). 3 conferences worked, it had it's fault but its the only solution with out making the draw turn into a dogs bolax.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

How is a team that has won one game and only gets together for 3 weeks pre-season still allowed to stay in Super Rugby (Takes the Super our of Super Rugby). 3 conferences worked, it had it's fault but its the only solution with out making the draw turn into a dogs bolax.

The NZRU is looking to expand its presence in Japan, hence why they're wanting the Sunwolves retained.

This is also the reason why I doubt that any fanciful renegade Australian-Japanese competition -- as mooted by some on here -- would succeed. The NZRU would be much more likely to secure the Japanese connection than the ARU.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The NZRU is actively looking to expand its presence in Japan, hence why they're wanting the Sunwolves retained.

This is also the reason why I doubt that any fanciful renegade Australian-Japanese competition -- as mooted by some on here -- would succeed. The NZRU would be much more likely to secure the Japanese connection than the ARU.

let'em go... if they want japanese brides... sure wont be Super Rugby... I guess they'll call it SUN Rugby...

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Seriously, surely someone on the ARU phone hookup has been spilling the beans to a journo by now.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It's funny, GAGR have put this up on Twitter:

C62kt6WU0AAnRid.jpg

And this old mate has got genuinely upset about the idea!

Mohamed Omar El-Qadi@MohamedO_ElQadi
Follow
More

@GAGR GC Koalas And WS Brumbies?!! So No Melb,WA Or ACT Anymore?!!, This Is Complete Madness If True.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's funny, GAGR have put this up on Twitter:

C62kt6WU0AAnRid.jpg

And this old mate has got genuinely upset about the idea!

Mohamed Omar El-Qadi@MohamedO_ElQadi
Follow
More

@GAGR GC Koalas And WS Brumbies?!! So No Melb,WA Or ACT Anymore?!!, This Is Complete Madness If True.

Surprised its not

East Shore Pulver's (Just for commercial gains, must buy corporate box to watch a game. Not just on Pay TV, but PPV on Pay TV).

Sydney Papworth's (based on amateurism, targeting the grassroots of Sydney's Private schools. Taking things back to the good old days with cotton jerseys and the structure that saw Australia be the world's best the past 100 years)

Brisbane Bronco's Red (The bronco's can finally obsorb all fans within the city. This is their feeder club from players from private schools)

Fox Sports Swans (played out of the Fox studios, also allows them to put more coverage on Fox AFL channel. Tactical coach Phil Kearns, motivational talker George Gregan, Business administrator Greg Martin, Strength and Conditioning Rod Kafer and Head Coach Sean Maloney)

T

TOCC

Gee there's a lot of ill-informed and spiteful commentary here.

One fact that is a real fact is that some investment decisions that were taken about the money turned out poorly. That does happen, in the best regulated organisations.

Get a grip, chaps.

This is a photo of SANZAAR all patting themselves on the back for a job well done in signing off on the current format, a format which is now killing the competition.

There's little to defend in how SANZAAR and the ARU have handled this whole debacle, from the moment the rumours of culling a team started to now, where meetings are capturing more headlines in major newspaper then the actual season..

It's a debacle mate, stop defending those who have made shitty decisions which have compromised the future of the code in this country.

f472bf0d1267478236aa8bbf5cdb595d.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This is a photo of SANZAAR all patting themselves on the back for a job well done in signing off on the current format, a format which is now killing the competition.

There's little to defend in how SANZAAR and the ARU have handled this whole debacle, from the moment the rumours of culling a team started to now, where meetings are capturing more headlines in major newspaper then the actual season..

It's a debacle mate, stop defending those who have made shitty decisions which have compromised the future of the code in this country.

f472bf0d1267478236aa8bbf5cdb595d.jpg

Reminds me of this lot.:)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Which is why we should be demanding that the competition runs for 18 rounds with no byes so we can have both home and away derby matches. Nothing less.

Yep Working ,but only trouble is how does anyone DEMAND anything where everyone has to agree? And to be honest the byes are needed I think or you may have the MAIN people-the players kicking up!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

I think you will find everyone wants to keep Sunwolves, it's called Asian money from TV, not sure who says only NZRU is the only ones who want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.