• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Well what a week great vid by SBS.

Campo just announced he is coming home and wants to help.

Twiggy is applying the """ blow torch to the belly of the ARU""'

Pappy is starting to be listened too and not considered a ratbag basket case.

Maybe there is a silver lining after all .

The time has come children, from wayyyyyyyyy back.

Great song Half, these texts and letters are unreal, feel like I have just emerged from a haze!!!!!

half

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^^^^
Killer for a more updated version of Mark Bolan's song, by a heavy metal band, IMO the band is better and its played harder, by a great German band. But no one can replace Bolan's voice and drive.

Scorpion's version is how I envisage the change an Twiggy and co and the rugby family take back the game from the suits of the US media company. And so love that Pappy finally has had his vision explained and the size of SS shown to the country as a whole.

For the younger members and still children.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Image taken of the last ARU board meeting

netherlands-old-peoples-home-for-sailors-old-men-playing-at-dominoes-picture-id542901485

M

Moono75

There is an ad on Foxtel at the moment for an upcoming program featuring John Eales and his biggest regret in Rugby....leading a team that turned its back on the All Blacks performing the Haka and his journey to correct what he now views as a wrong decision.

Well hello John...history is beckoning you once more. Don't have an even bigger rugby injustice weighing on your conscience for the rest of your life! Stand UP! Do the right thing for Australian Rugby. Bring the Force back!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There is an ad on Foxtel at the moment for an upcoming program featuring John Eales and his biggest regret in Rugby..leading a team that turned its back on the All Blacks performing the Haka and his journey to correct what he now views as a wrong decision.

It just shows him to be a self-indulgent, self-absorbed narcissist. Does anybody really care about his pangs of conscience? Give me a break.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

Hopefully you are right, the oz are reporting this morning that Clyne has agreed to meet with twiggy (from an ARU insider).

In the same article twiggy has said he hasn't actually heard from Clyne, he heard through the media that the ARU had agreed to meet him, but no one from the ARU has actually made contact with him about organising an actual meeting, even after Twiggy contacted them requesting a meeting.

It's lieterally a circus act their at the ARU

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The time for meetings was a year ago, when this decision was made.
The ARU cannot back down now for all sorts of reasons.
Contractual, moral, practical, reputational..........ok maybe that last ones going a bit far

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
In the same article twiggy has said he hasn't actually heard from Clyne, he heard through the media that the ARU had agreed to meet him, but no one from the ARU has actually made contact with him about organising an actual meeting, even after Twiggy contacted them requesting a meeting.

It's lieterally a circus act their at the ARU

Twiggy is playing the media game with this. Making his letter public was always going to create a story. I don't doubt his genuiness but as a person of significant profile he always has a media strategy. Plus I'm surprised he would've had time to meet given he has been doing the rounds this past week in Canberra meeting with the PM and a number of other MPs about the scourges in indigenous communities and his views in relation to the current cashless welfare card debate.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Contractual, moral, practical, reputational....ok maybe that last ones going a bit far

Nah, new information should change views and decisions. There's nothing impractical or immoral about that. And the ARU still have the power of veto within SANZAAR.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Twiggy is playing the media game with this. Making his letter public was always going to create a story. I don't doubt his genuiness but as a person of significant profile he always has a media strategy. Plus I'm surprised he would've had time to meet given he has been doing the rounds this past week in Canberra meeting with the PM and a number of other MPs about the scourges in indigenous communities and his views in relation to the current cashless welfare card debate.

if you want something done, give it to a busy man

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Contractual, moral, practical, reputational....ok maybe that last ones going a bit far
There was never a time for a meeting.
This process has always been about the path of least resistance.
Once the Force realised this, the tactic had to be that the ARU knew immediately that this path was not going to be easy, and was covered in spiders for them.
Pulver is a consensus, clip the ticket guy, he doesn't have the "go to the mattresses" mentality.
IMHO

L

Leo86

The ARU can backdown fo all tbose reasons
Contractual- honour their alluance agreement
Moral- growing and fostering the game as per constitution
Practical- philanthropic billionaire assisting not just WA but nationally
Reputation- Well nuf said

T

TOCC

It's not a matter of being unable to find time for a meeting, its a matter of the ARU not even contacting him to arrange one.

This is one of Australias richest men, who is offering support and willing to support rugby union in this country and the ARU won't even display the common courtesy of returning a phone call.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It's not a matter of being unable to find time for a meeting, its a matter of the ARU not even contacting him to arrange one.

This is one of Australias richest men, who is offering support and willing to support rugby union in this country and the ARU won't even display the common courtesy of returning a phone call.

When you break it down like that to it's basics, it is literally dumbfounding.

Perhaps though, just perhaps, this might wake up the self interest from NSW & Qld. The board has failed. Maybe Twiggy's next step is to go direct to the voters. He has pretty much won the battle of the fans already.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Is there any proof that nobody returned his call deliberately?

I would find that impossible to believe. Surely even the tin foil crusaders who heap all sorts of shite on the ARU might accept that there are other possible scenarios.

Why on earth would they snub him?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Why on earth would they snub him?

Embarrassment.

The ARU stubbornly pressing ahead with a "financially-based" decision when the circumstances had changed before they pulled the trigger … well that fig leaf crumbles away. The Force being guaranteed to be self-funding and with support for rugby nation-wide.

Embarrassment at admitting their mistake. Embarrassment at then needing to correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom