• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which clubs are the Class of 2016 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hearing that Australian Schoolboys lock Matt Wilshire is heading to UQ in 2016 is being chased by the Chiefs in Super Rugby. Kiwi heritage.

Tate McDermott (Aus Barbarians halfback) is firming as well - pictured here playing for King's College at the Noosa Sevens.

4611b9843d6ea2ae39cd6d83923a6b77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Gregory Terrace hooker Harry Birgan is headed to the Heavies.

Surely the deepest hooking stocks in the competition with Australian Schoolboys hooker Sean Farrell joining the club too.

Churchie Premiership winning hooker Jacob Williams (2015) might be stuck playing tighthead for a very long time.

Terrace prop Josh Nasser might switch to loosehead for UQ just to find a spot in the team!

14656245_971960989594079_2831930667477549550_n.jpg

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Nudgee College big guns Willie Malala (QLD I), Augustus Rangihuna (QLD II), Semisi Tupou (QLD II) and TJ Meni are lining up for UQ's Rugby Sevens team this weekend.
Add Murray Taulagi to an already formidable UQ 7's team that easily won the Noosa International 7's tournament on the wkend.
BUT, were very fortunate to win against a very talented and enthusiastic but inexperienced BSHS team (17-20).

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any idea where the NSW Schoolboys and CAS,GPS, ISA, CHS players are going?
I'd say most of them are waiting to see where their ATAR takes them.
Nudgee College big guns Willie Malala (QLD I), Augustus Rangihuna (QLD II), Semisi Tupou (QLD II) and TJ Meni are lining up for UQ's Rugby Sevens team this weekend.
Add Murray Taulagi to an already formidable UQ 7's team that easily won the Noosa International 7's tournament on the wkend.
BUT, were very fortunate to win against a very talented and enthusiastic but inexperienced BSHS team (17-20).

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I think in the main most of these lads were 5 kick exponents before they played heavens game. Anyhow IMO we were always destined to lose them once they left school as their managers would be pushing them down the dark path.

After all, a percentage of their contract payments go straight into the managers pockets. Nothing like self interested managers to drive the sporting career selection of youngsters and doting parents with stars in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.