• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which clubs are the Class of 2016 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Well that would be a very big loss to the game. He would be wasted in League, his kicking game is way too good.

Very true, however one dimensional mungo ball pays talented lads real money rather than just the possibility of earning real money from their talent.

newgpsfollower

Frank Row (1)
Apparently Willlie Malala of St Josephs Nudgee College has signed with the Gold Coast Titans and will play in the NYC competition in 2017

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Its location, location, location. Newington as a inner city school, stands next door to Souths and just down road is Canterbury and Parramatta. Additionally, the remains of old league clubs such as Newtown, Wests and Balmain still exist as junior clubs.Hence, many of our inter city boys are exposed to league,not union in their early years.

Additionally, league clubs are not adverse from entering boys into the school for educational reasons.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Maybe its not true but the source I got it from is usually quite reliable.
Its location, location, location. Newington as a inner city school, stands next door to Souths and just down road is Canterbury and Parramatta. Additionally, the remains of old league clubs such as Newtown, Wests and Balmain still exist as junior clubs.Hence, many of our inter city boys are exposed to league,not union in their early years.

Additionally, league clubs are not adverse from entering boys into the school for educational reasons.

Newington is in the inner west rather than the inner city, and isn't exactly next door to Souths!?! And not sure how relevant the comment was in the first place, given that the discussion was referring to McTaggart, a Joeys (Hunters Hill) player who apparently hails from Wagga.....

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington is in the inner west rather than the inner city, and isn't exactly next door to Souths!?! And not sure how relevant the comment was in the first place, given that the discussion was referring to McTaggart, a Joeys (Hunters Hill) player who apparently hails from Wagga...

I was Referring to the previous comments about Newington being a source of players for the Dark Side. I was in error, by not pressing the reply button.
My Apologies

As for Inner City/Inner West comment, that is simply matter of choice depending on ones location, personal preference and the opinions of Real Estate Agents . In the case of Newington, I heard both being applied to the School over the years. To me Souths is close by, but that maybe my old country living where anything within an hour of travelling was close. Again its personal experience

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Apparently Willlie Malala of St Josephs Nudgee College has signed with the Gold Coast Titans and will play in the NYC competition in 2017

Willie Malala, has not signed with Titans(had a couple of training runs with them). Unfortunately, Nudgee College brought WM from PNG on a school scholarship visa, and therefore is ineligible to play or sign a professional RL or RU contract. He is returning to Nudgee College in 2017 but wont be eligible to play 1st XV as he is turning 19. Hopefully he can continue to play rugby (premier Colts?).

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hi There,

Any chance of getting the 2016 years grads lists up? With pre season commencing it will be interesting to see who can fill in the blanks and also what boys are moving interstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.