• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which clubs are the Class of 2016 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Dylan Peitsch - Randwick
Nick Brown - Gordon
BLake Schoupp - Randwick
Kyle Brown - Gordon

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Because he is an Eastwood junior and Randwick have too many high level rep players going there.
Shute shield really need to address this - - all the talent moving east further degrades the whole of rugby in this country.
Great to see will terry committed to Gordon.

^^^^^
Hold your breath on that one (I heard different on the weekend - UNI)
Josh Sheridan Qld 2's - Syd Uni
Connor Grindal - Syd Uni

S

sidelineview

So far the rumour mill has the following going to Randwick:

Will Harrison - Baa baas
Tom Serhon - CS
Ben O'Sullivan - CS
Tyzac Jordan - Baa baas
Pat Pelligini - CS
Matt Orpen - Baa baas
Dan Matthew - Baa baas
Dylan Pieitsch - Baa baas
Jackson Mohi - NSW1

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Most of the top half of that list are former Wix Juniors with Harrison and Pelligrini already playing Colts footy for the Gallopers in 2016. Little surprise there.

From a Player Points persoective, they should receive maximum discount.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope Orpen's move is cos he's going to UNSW
Two birds. Wix are sponsored by UNSW and a number of their scholarships involve UNSW.

UNSW has a good academic reputation and it is good to see talented players keen to have a plan B career wise. If they can leverage off their sporting talents to attain academic/professional qualifications, then well done them. While the average professional sporting career is less than 3 years, there are plenty of 55 year old accountants, dentists, lawyers, landscape designers, scientists, engineers, teachers and the like.

S

sidelineview

Most of the top half of that list are former Wix Juniors with Harrison and Pelligrini already playing Colts footy for the Gallopers in 2016. Little surprise there.

From a Player Points persoective, they should receive maximum discount.

Only two played colts in 2016? Harrison and Pelligini? the rest are new Randwick players?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ lots of tears gnashing about The Usual Suspects poaching other clubs juniors. In this case I can't see the Wix are as guilty as they usually are:
Serhon's father is a well known Wix supporter, and elder bro has played there for 2 seasons.
O'Sullivan, Mohi, & Bailey are all Waverley graduates. Most waves players end up at Beasties or Wix through geographic convenience or historic loyalties.
That then leaves only 3 "out of town" lads (so far). I'd wager that there will be more.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
there are plenty of 55 year old accountants, dentists, lawyers, landscape designers, scientists, engineers, teachers and the like.

I notice you did not include private equity gurus............
No difficulty with any of that and Orpen is a loyal bugger who stayed with his Beecroft junior team through some travails.
I would have liked to see him there to give me some faith in clubland.
Don't the Woodies have a connection to Macquarie - if not they should get one urgento.....
Serhon (certainly) and Bailey (I think) played junior Wix so there are no problems there.
Also good to see that after a recent run of sub par recruiting the Highlanders seem to have got their story right this year........still a little too much east in all this though for the good of the game, as you said HJ hopefully Mack Mason will be sent somewhere other than the usual suspects

S

sidelineview

Bailey = Jordan and was not a junior Wix player.
Serhon may have been a junior Wix player when he was younger, but has strong family connections with the Club.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So far the rumour mill has the following going to Randwick:

Will Harrison - Baa baas
Tom Serhon - CS
Ben O'Sullivan - CS
Tyzac Jordan - Baa baas
Pat Pelligini - CS
Matt Orpen - Baa baas
Dan Matthew - Baa baas
Dylan Pieitsch - Baa baas
Jackson Mohi - NSW1

Yep.....Good to see my sources were accurate...I posted this back in the 2017 AAGPS thread a month ago...

Lol .. if all the rumours are true about the number of Aus Schoolboy players going to Randwick I'll be interested to see how many end up riding the pine due to hitting the player points cap

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^^^
Hold your breath on that one (I heard different on the weekend - UNI)
Josh Sheridan Qld 2's - Syd Uni
Connor Grindal - Syd Uni

I heard the same RB however talk of him joining Wicks seems quite strong. I suppose it will ultimately be the HSC results and choice of uni which will come into play in the final decision.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Also good to see that after a recent run of sub par recruiting the Highlanders seem to have got their story right this year....

Some of the Gordon recruits for 2017

Nick Brown - GPS (Kings)
Kyle Brown - GPS (Kings)
Dan Lombardi -GPS (Kings)
Will Terry - GPS (View)
Jake Pirina - GPS (View)
Frank Cutler - GPS (View)
Tom Osbourne - GPS (View)
Hugh Margin - CAS (Knox)
Kristian Souvaliotis - CAS (Trinity)

Plus several other names that will start to make their way to pre-season now that the schoolies is almost done with.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
No mentions yet of anyone going to Norths, Manly, Wahringah, East's, West Harbour, Parramatta, Penrith or Southern district. 8 of the 12 seem to have little or no connection with school rugby and the only mention for Eastwood is a boy still at school.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some of the Gordon recruits for 2017

Nick Brown - GPS (Kings)
Kyle Brown - GPS (Kings)
Dan Lombardi -GPS (Kings)
Will Terry - GPS (View)
Jake Pirina - GPS (View)
Frank Cutler - GPS (View)
Tom Osbourne - GPS (View)
Hugh Margin - CAS (Knox)
Kristian Souvaliotis - CAS (Trinity)

Plus several other names that will start to make their way to pre-season now that the schoolies is almost done with.
Thought Rixon was linked with Gordon as well?

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
I heard the same RB however talk of him joining Wicks seems quite strong. I suppose it will ultimately be the HSC results and choice of uni which will come into play in the final decision.

Hi Azzuri,

Was referring to Will T

Status
Not open for further replies.