• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which clubs are the Class of 2016 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
the only mention for Eastwood is a boy still at school.

Sadly for the colts comp and Eastwood juniors the Woodies don't appear to have embraced the University/alignment/partnership/scholarship model. Clubs like the Wicks,Gordon and Sydney Uni have such models in place and seem to be attracting players (including Woodies juniors) as a result.

The attraction would appear obvious for those that want to undertake tertiary study, many of which would realise that the chances of making a living from rugby are very small so they need to a proper qualification under their belt.... In steps club X and says "play Rugby with us and we'll help reduce your HECS liability"....A win win!

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
So far the rumour mill has the following going to Randwick:

Will Harrison - Baa baas
Tom Serhon - CS
Ben O'Sullivan - CS
Tyzac Jordan - Baa baas
Pat Pelligini - CS
Matt Orpen - Baa baas
Dan Matthew - Baa baas
Dylan Pieitsch - Baa baas
Jackson Mohi - NSW1

I believe you can add a couple of Joe Boys to Randwick also
Nick Wilkinson - Aus Schools
Yirrbi Jaffer-Williams - Aus Schools

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Some of the Gordon recruits for 2017

Nick Brown - GPS (Kings)
Kyle Brown - GPS (Kings)
Dan Lombardi -GPS (Kings)
Will Terry - GPS (View)
Jake Pirina - GPS (View)
Frank Cutler - GPS (View)
Tom Osbourne - GPS (View)
Hugh Margin - CAS (Knox)
Kristian Souvaliotis - CAS (Trinity)

I would imagine that you can add Rixon (NSW II), Smeallie (NSW II) and the CAS (Aloys) lads such as Dainton, Slaven and Mazaraki.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I would imagine that you can add Rixon (NSW II), Smeallie (NSW II) and the CAS (Aloys) lads such as Dainton, Slaven and Mazaraki.

yep, of course. Sorry couldn't remember all the names when i cobbled the list together this morning. Should make for a very handy injection into the Stags colts program.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Southern Districts
James wayland - trinity
Dylan Valenu - baabaas
Opeti Helu - Aust schools ( probably doing his mission work first)
Lachlan Drew Morris - CAS
Bailey Kuenzle - BaaBaas
Hamish Duvall - Newington
Jack Spooner - joeys
Ryan Longeville- Nsw schools
Jordan Morris - NSW Schools
Nathan Lawson - NSW Schools
Daniel Bell - CHS
Tom Lane - NSW Schools 2015 ( had surgery so will play this year)
80% of 1st and 2nd colts back from last season.
Club has a Scholarship program with UOW

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Tec
Southern Districts
James wayland - trinity
Dylan Valenu - baabaas
Opeti Helu - Aust schools ( probably doing his mission work first)
Lachlan Drew Morris - CAS
Bailey Kuenzle - BaaBaas
Hamish Duvall - Newington
Jack Spooner - joeys
Ryan Longeville- Nsw schools
Jordan Morris - NSW Schools
Nathan Lawson - NSW Schools
Daniel Bell - CHS
Tom Lane - NSW Schools 2015 ( had surgery so will play this year)
80% of 1st and 2nd colts back from last season.
Club has a Scholarship program with UOW

Technically you could add Josh Noonan (view) to that list as he finished this year but was too old to play in the GPS so he played colts this year. I hear he is transferring from Wicks to SD

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Must have a new sat nav as he's found his way to Thompson Reserve for training.;)

Geez things have gone down hill at the Gay Gordons but on serious note I am disturbed that Norths don't seem to have kept their juniors from this cohort and after winning a premiership

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Some of the Gordon recruits for 2017

Plus several other names that will start to make their way to pre-season now that the schoolies is almost done with.

I think you'll find quite a few names list on this thread up on the Gold Coast even as we speak...

And fortunately even if they are dumb enough to buy a little plastic bag full of paracetamol and caffeine - they won't be threatened with 12 years in jail unlike if they were in Bali.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I think you'll find quite a few names list on this thread up on the Gold Coast even as we speak.

And fortunately even if they are dumb enough to buy a little plastic bag full of paracetamol and caffeine - they won't be threatened with 12 years in jail unlike if they were in Bali.

Yep, last week and this week ....schoolies primetime!

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
So far the rumour mill has the following going to Randwick:

Will Harrison - Baa baas
Tom Serhon - CS
Ben O'Sullivan - CS
Tyzac Jordan - Baa baas
Pat Pelligini - CS
Matt Orpen - Baa baas
Dan Matthew - Baa baas
Dylan Pieitsch - Baa baas
Jackson Mohi - NSW1

Randwick have had a successful hunting season - Almost a full team of stars whom played at the Nationals if the rumours are true.

1. David Tifa, CHS I, NSW I, Ashcroft High -Randwick (2016 Colt)
3. Dan Matthew, CHS I, NSW II, Kariong Mtn High - Randwick
5. Esei Haangana, CCC, CS, St Pauls Catholic College - Randwick (2016 Colt - Melbourne Rebels?)
6. Ben O'Sullivan, CAS II, CS, Waverley College - Randwick
7. Dylan Pietsch, GPS I, NSW I, The Kings School - Randwick
8. Tom Serhon, GPS II, CS, Newington College - Randwick
9. Tyzac Jordan, CAS I, NSW II, Waverley College - Randwick
10. Patrick Pellegrini, CCC, CS, Champagnat Catholic College- Randwick (2016 Colt)
11. Jackson Mohi, CAS I, NSW I, Waverley College - Randwick
12. Nick Wilkinson, GPS I, NSW I, St Josephs, Hunter Hill - Randwick
13. Matthew Orpen GPS II, CS, The Kings School - Randwick
14, Yirrbi Jaffer-Williams, GPS I, NSW I, St Josephs, Hunter Hill - Randwick
15. William Harrison, CCC, NSW II, Marcelin College - Randwick (2016 Colt)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Randwick have had a successful hunting season - Almost a full team of stars whom played at the Nationals if the rumours are true.

5. Esei Haangana, CCC, CS, St Pauls Catholic College - Randwick (2016 Colt - Melbourne Rebels?)
10. Patrick Pellegrini, CCC, CS, Champagnat Catholic College- Randwick (2016 Colt)

Blake Schoupp will have his eye on the rake's job....ex-U16 NSW Schools then went interstate where he made the 2016 Queensland First XV ....has now returned home and set to don the green slime jersey in 2017

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)

Thats about 42 points with 2 positions to fill.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Do the points............42, without a hooker and only one second rower: which is 2 over for colts Is, Assuming Serhon cant lend his net -1 point to someone.........
Hold the phone, Azzuri's input means its 46 with one spot to fill

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
With this level of recruiting its not hard to see why the ARU and the Shute Shield clubs don't quite see eye to eye.
Substantially a whole team of NSW 1s and 2s at one club - no wonder some clubs cannot fill their lower grade colts.
Its unsustainable, though it is cyclical - I seem to remember Uni being responsible for something similar once, or twice and having consecutive Oz schools #9s playing 9 in colts 1s and 10 in colts 2s, or in grade. But Pulver wasn't president then!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is there no one from 2016 returning for the Wix?

They had quite a young roster in their Colts program this year with many in their first year of colts (Under 19), and they would be looking forward to having a second lash at Colts in 2017.

I'd imagine a few of their Rock Stars would be looking to spend much of the Colts season on U20 (Gen Blue and/or National) squad duty. These lads would not feature much in the Player Points cap from week to week.

Unless they have changed the points system, a player can only be discounted to 1/2 their base value even if their discount would take them lower, or into negative territory. The max discount for a 6 point ASRU Schoolboy is 3 points, and for a 4 point State/Combined States Schoolboy is 2 points.

Be aware that last years amendment to the Player Points system meant that all bench players points counted towards the cap, whether they played the earlier Colts 2's or 3's fixtures or not.

If rumours are true, some clubs will need to have a calculator handy on match day.

Status
Not open for further replies.