• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who is going to win the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Tthe Wallabies deserve to win it from here. I have heard enough for four years about lucky draws since 2007 and the draw the Wallabies pick to go in this one they need to win it.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Been thinking. Most of the high feeling about the QF was because Ireland was a game we knew we should win, but feared we might not, specially after Australia lost. It would have been a very bad world cup for us if we'd lost.

We NEED to beat France for this to have been a tournament in which we've done particularly well. If we do that following week we can achieve anything.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've narrowed it down to 4 possibles! Give me a day or 2 and I think I can knock a couple more off!

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
It's on the news every day. Gold has never been higher. So if picking by omens, it's gotta be the men in gold.

J

Jumpers

The ABs will win because they will attack and dominate the Wannabes set pieces, quality back line with X-factors, can change their game plan, have good player depth coming off the bench and have been the best team at the RWC winning consistently!!!

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
The ABs will win because they will attack and dominate the Wannabes set pieces, quality back line with X-factors, can change their game plan, have good player depth coming off the bench and have been the best team at the RWC winning consistently!!!

... just like every other World Cup.

(To bring this in line with the rules)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fairly Simple. In the spirit of the initial post, The Darkness will win because it is a repeat of 1987. We will be beaten into 4th place by a late kick (conversion IIRC) taken by a Paul Thorburn.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quade Cooper, for pullling off the mightiest tackle you've ever seen on Charterbus and driving him so far into the ground his head pops out in Portugal (which apparently is the actual 'antipode' of NZ, but I digress)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Quade Cooper, for pullling off the mightiest tackle you've ever seen on Charterbus and driving him so far into the ground his head pops out in Portugal (which apparently is the actual 'antipode' of NZ, but I digress)

So 87 revisited in every sense then- spooky

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
The game winning kick for Wales to be taken by George North, to show what a complete player he is.

Kick to be from 45m out into a howling southerly, or at least that is what they will recall in 20 years time in the Valleys.

Actually it will be a gentle tap over from 18 metres out 6 metres to the left of the posts with 2 minutes to go, with a gentle breeze from behind..

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Someone on gwlad reported that Adam Jones was practicing drop goals. Used to play 10 in his youth. Unfortunately he's out so I guess it's down to Gethin.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If I see a drop goal by either team in this game I'm not going to be very impressed.

I see it as kind of a Baabaas match, bit of an exhibition with not much riding on it other than the massive pain the players on both sides feel for losing their respective semis

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If I see a drop goal by either team in this game I'm not going to be very impressed.

I see it as kind of a Baabaas match, bit of an exhibition with not much riding on it other than the massive pain the players on both sides feel for losing their respective semis

Hope to hell not. I hate BaaBaa games. champagne rugby with nothin riding on it is totally F@cking boring

Status
Not open for further replies.