• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who is the GAGR troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
who was that dude - smartcooky - that appeared in the match thread for a short while on Sunday morning. I'm putting him in the lineup! That was the troll's Kiwi guise I reckon

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I feel a @Dismal Pillocking coming to this thread very soon.

Apparently the Woolongong Office of Gunston & Gunston Investigations has been called in to advise.

@Gagger would have preferred to use the G&G Investigations team from Head Office on the Pitcairns but ARU have already commissioned them to find who planted the bug in the Double Bay Hotel before the Sydney Bledisloe Cup Test.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just out of interest Pfitzy, what does that mean? (For those of us that are pretty limited with our social media knowledge)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Gagger has to reveal who they are - this is way too juicy.

Surely the account(s) can't be too established (as in amount of comments/likes/duration on site) or else I'd be really impressed by the troll.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I saw who it was and didn't recognise the accounts. See Matt Rowley's twitter.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ok seen it - he trolls the front page articles, not the forums. But it sounds like rowley's been onto him for a while

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^Don't worry, there are plenty of trolls on the Forum as well. Most are (or previously were during their short stay in Gaggerland) in the Schoolboy threads.

The mods there operate with a hair trigger on their ban hammers because things can get out of hand pretty quickly, and we are generally talking about minors not professional sportsmen.

On the rest of the forums, the trolls usually only stay around for a short period as well, before they can't help themselves anymore and they cross the line where they find themselves subject to a smiting from the Mods ban hammer.

Best course of action is to hit the "report" button at the bottom of their post, instead of replying to their post and feeding them.

In saying that it is worthy to note that the vast majority of our NZL based contributors, and Aust based NZL supporters, make really meaningful contributions to the forums.

The Blog Front Page comments section is a bit Wild West anarchic and a bit too much like Facebook in terms of the of the level of the comments posted there. I generally avoid it apart from noting thr delicious irony that there are First Class articles posted, followed by mostly ill considered poorly conceived Fourth Class thought bubbles from most of the "contributors" interspersed with the occasional gem from the likes of Braveheart and others of his ilk.

M

Moono75

so it was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick......that sneaky old coot!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The age old divide between us considered intellects in the forum, shit posting throughout the year, and the Chalmun's Cantina on Mos Eisley* that is the front page.

*The bar in Star Wars IV.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The age old divide between us considered intellects in the forum, shit posting throughout the year, and the Chalmun's Cantina on Mos Eisley* that is the front page.

*The bar in Star Wars IV.

I think more people on the front page have the death mark on them. Or should.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.