• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who to support now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Let's spin this around. If only 6 Nations were left who would I support? Either Wales or Ireland. Probably Wales.

If Aus lose this weekend I'll be behind Pumas.

The real pity is that RSA and NZ should really not meet till the final. And I can't pick a preferred, it's a genuine situation of neutral supporter sitting back with popcorn and beer and looking forward to the show.

I can't do that this weekend dammit as I'll be too stressed waiting on the Wallabies.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Let's spin this around. If only 6 Nations were left who would I support? Either Wales or Ireland. Probably Wales.

The real pity is that RSA and NZ should really not meet till the final. And I can't pick a preferred, it's a genuine situation of neutral supporter sitting back with popcorn and beer and looking forward to the show.

I can't do that this weekend dammit as I'll be too stressed waiting on the Wallabies.

Scotland.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)

Ireland all the way. Poms/Wales think their better than they are, and Scotland supporter's over the top ranting this week has put them down a notch for me...

something

Jim Clark (26)
i think argies 2nd fave team, new zealand 3rd.
then maybe wales, scotland, ireland, france (these guys are interchangeable depending on circumstances) ........................................................................... then rsa & eng.... still can't get over how bad 2007 was.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Right now Argies as a second team has no relevance. And as rugby goes forward, I suspect that the Pumas will be exactly like RSA and NZ.

Deep respect. (And caution.)

But no bloody way "the next favourite team". They are after us and have the goods! Move to caution quickly!

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)

Not so sure - I was never confident we would make it out of the Pool - (especially this time last Year)!

I had one goal for our boys in this World Cup - and One Goal only: Put England out of their own Tournament... After 2.5 years of anticipation, i can still scarcely believe we were given the chance we were!- for me that was 'job done boys - onto the flying kangaroo and give yourselves a holiday'.

Every game since then has been icing on the cake - but if... If... IF we are able to get past Argentina - (and we well might), I will ALWAYS back the Wallabies (on any given day) against the All Blacks... That does not mean we will Win, but my No means would we have reason to ever enter an All Blacks Match not believing we can take it On the Day....

Nothing I have seen in this Tournament has said to me that the Blacks are at their best...

For now, I am mostly concerned about Argentinians pulling a blinder.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Defeatist... This team is perfectly capable of beating the All Blacks on any given day... Not to say they will - only that there is no reason for them to take the field not believing they have it in them... Anyhow - this is now off the subject of the thread.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought ABs looked flat.

If we don't go through Ill be with Pumas. Long shot but they will have broken a few long shots by then.

;-)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sad to say lads, but the Argies and us? We're playing for 2nd.
I reckon the AB's are more vulnerable than at most RWC's.
Apart from Eden Park they have been underwhelming all year IMO.
They have hardly flattered in the pool games,and France look like they imploded,more than the AB's blew them apart.
Last night with overwhelming possession against a team who never fired a shot,they scraped home to a 2 point win.
I don't want to touch the money,but we got this!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
All Blacks definitely. They don't let success get to their heads, and definitely the most humble team and staff of the top tier nations. Nothing but admiration for them, and they deserve to be the first side to win it 3 times and keep the cup.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
NZ favourites for sure. But you never know.

Argies may surprise for third btw. I'm sure they'd like some silver (bronze) and I'm guessing the Saffers would like to be on a plane home.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The thread is about who to support, not who is going to win.
GO THE WALLABIES.

No numpty (said mild and with amusement), it's about who you would support if you got knocked out.

Actually about the 6N, but we've strayed a might.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.