• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Will the Reds make the Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Hmmm, I think the dark cloud of history of the Reds bad years will return.

No I dont think that the Reds are going to go back and be cellar dwellars, I am referring to the years when we were uncompetitive in the S12/S14 competition and the main target was to beat the Waratahs each year.

I expect that the Brumbies will beat the Tahs and then the Tahs will upset the Reds here in Brisbane for the final game.

God I hope I am not right in this, but given the Tahs will have nothing left to play for I just have this sense that they will let their frustrations of the year out on the Reds in the final game and thereby deny the Reds the final spot in the 2012 Finals Series.

Wash your mouth out!

L

Linebacker_41

dont have a lot of faith do you linebacker haha, Reds should destroy tahs this year. Diggers has finally found form and the Genia - QC (Quade Cooper) combo will be back on it.

I hope everyone who has read this will be laughing and saying LB you were wrong when the Reds storm into the final series off the back of a 50-0 drubbing to retain the Tempo Cup.

But just sometimes you get these funny feelings that the bounce of the ball is not going to go your way and for me there is this feeling that this will be the game for the Reds.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Depends on how many Reds players get screwed up by Deans during the test window...

If they come back having to be used to playing some stupid game plan/positional thing that is just plain confusing then it won't be good for them. If the majority of the reds are kept out of the wallabies, then it will be fine.

imho.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Depends on how many Reds players get screwed up by Deans during the test window.

If they come back having to be used to playing some stupid game plan/positional thing that is just plain confusing then it won't be good for them. If the majority of the reds are kept out of the wallabies, then it will be fine.

imho.
So now if the Reds dont make the finals we're going to blame that on Robbie as well!

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I hear Deans is the real reason the Tahs have played so badly. Apparently he pulled rank on Foley, saying a true coach plays what is in front of him, not what a fan forum says.

It is also rumoured Deans was seen giving advice to Pat Lam earlier in the year and that Lam was writing notes furiously.

As for the rumoured ongoing relationship with the Lions, that is true; Deans has been giving Carlos Spencer communication lessons. Apparently Carlos was all too clear what he thought of the Lions games and Robbie is giving Carlos remedials.

However, any suggestion Deans is responsible for Force' year is a misnomer - that is still Mitchell's fault; Deans was just assisting.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
It's off topic I know, however, I've posted on this thread in the hope that another Reds fan who receives their weekly dose of "Reds Enews" reads this and can transfer a clip to this site, or a new thread. In the latest offering of RE, (Issue 68), in the segment that shows highlights of the previous weekend's SEQ Premier Rugby matches, there is something "special"!
In the Wests v Norths match, with 8 minutes to go, winger (#14), Varesa Vuki, is sprinting down the field. As two Wests players catch him, he stops, the Wests players 'bang' into each other and fall to the ground! Vuki then continues his journey to the tryline and scores after running almost 100 metres!! It's a classic, so I hope a member with more computer skills than moi can reproduce it for the benefit of you all!

Apologies if it's already appeared elsewhere.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Well, what chance the Hurricanes had has been obliterated with Vito and now Perenara out (thanks a lot exhibition match).
So that must help.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
A step too far. Lets see if they can make the playoffs first. Thats not guaranteed.

A

AlexH

TJ Perenara is out for the season. Our prospects just improved a little.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Carter and Read are injured now, and it might not be for this week.

This harms a Crusaders a LOT and thus helps the Reds.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The Reds need a win to night, at least, to maintain their chances for the finals.
The Brumbies losing to the Force tomorrow night also wouldn't do their chances any harm

Status
Not open for further replies.