• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

winters passing

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sardyntjie

what a pleasure.flowers are blooming.suns rising earlier and setting later.dont have to pull on three jumpers in the morning.can have dinner out on the pool deck without a shirt on.can plan a fishing trip after work.getting out of bed earlier and going to bed later.can put my feet into the pool without having to rub circulation back into my blood vessels afterwards.havent seen rain for at least a while.the bird across from my house is doing her front of house gardening in a short skirt again.things are good again

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Not quite so poetic, but ... this morning I saw some bugs. Those tiny little bugs that fly in flocks of about 1000 and tend to hang about mown grass. Anyway, saw them and thought: you beauty, Spring's here.

(We had snow last week.)

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
Yep, and on comes the short, short days here up North.

Nothing quite as depressing as going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Enjoy the summer lads!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yep Sardyn. Great to see and feel the sunny side again. We always have interschools the first weekend in August and always have some rain in that week but its always the last winter days and the turn weather to spring. Myself a very much outdoor person and cant wait for the kids winter sport to end to get out in the garden on saturday mornings. Love getting dirty with some physical work out there, jump with mud feet in the pool around noon and have a cold one.

S

Sardyntjie

Yup, theres some rain expected saturday , but am going with some mates to throw a line at ganzekraal.Thank the stars the missus has grocery shopping to do as its nearing the end of her prgnancy now and she wants some attention. I managed to squeeze in a boys weekend to langebaan for fishging from a boat next weekend and i am definately using up all my shares.But its brilliant to feel the sun actually giving off a little heat. ???

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well, I'm going to swim against the tide and say I'm sad to see the end of winter, this winter particularly. I'm a country boy and I'm at my happiest when wearing my woollen jumpers while trudging along a touch line watching a game of rugby. My wife and I both enjoy winter up here in the beautiful Blue Mountains. This week my son's got two games of schoolboy rugby left as he's in year 12 and will be leaving school in two months' time, for him the last of 12 years of junior rugby. So that's added to the sadness of looking forward to the end of this rugby season.

But I'll forget all about rugby while lying on the beach on a sunny day listening to the Australian cricket team murder some poor lambs brought to slaughter.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lind sound pretty exciting broer. My last sporting wish for the year is hoping that poor lambs will slaughter the opposition for a change. I wont bet my house on it but sure do hope.

Sardy are you going to the Kotze's ?

Today miserable weather in Paarl. Hoping saturday will be fine because the kid have his normal 2 rugby & 1 hockey game as per usual and Paarl Gim big boys will play Outeniqua.

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Lind sound pretty exciting broer. My last sporting wish for the year is hoping that poor lambs will slaughter the opposition for a change. I wont bet my house on it but sure do hope.

Today miserable weather in Paarl. Hoping saturday will be fine because the kid have his normal 2 rugby & 1 hockey game as per usual and Paarl Gim big boys will play Outeniqua.

That was a plan , but now with the missus looking large in the stomach region she cannot get into a boat , never mind a rubber duck.so will probably try get some mates to head out that way later this year or early next.I already have three weekends booked for next year , jan , feb , march.......so i am treading on very , very thin ice.......... :eek:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:

That was a plan , but now with the missus looking large in the stomach region she cannot get into a boat , never mind a rubber duck.so will probably try get some mates to head out that way later this year or early next.I already have three weekends booked for next year , jan , feb , march.......so i am treading on very , very thin ice.......... :eek:
That happen when you married a young Bokkie. If you stay with the same old same you did all the hard yards many moons ago. 8)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well winter doesn't look like its passing here! Bloody freezing today for semifinals - wet ground, wind. I love it :)

S

Sardyntjie

Was fishing off some rocks on the coastline this weekend when some fairly decent sized swell came through and looked as tho they would wash us off but were just not big enough........reports of a mini Tsunami were touted later that day.

How can you call it a mini Tsunami......

its either a tsunami or not

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8915364398331751844

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Sardyntjie said:
from table mountain looking like this in july

to this in august

Bless the Mountain, when I needed cloudless conditions, it rocked up and delivered. And it didn't even rain on me in Namibia this time, which, when one considers that I got rained on on the Elim Dune last time, is pretty good going for one with my rain god status.

Apparently it's chucking down non-stop at home, too; floods in Dublin. >:D

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yes - the locals are panicked as you can see.

Attachments

• IrishFloodPanic.jpg
    IrishFloodPanic.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 302

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
NTA said:
Yes - the locals are panicked as you can see.

lol
Be like here, wettest winter ive ever been through. Auckland hasnt had a dry weekend since early May!
Still the positive news is its kept me away from mowing the lawns :D

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Suddenly the winter strucks back in Paarl. Mountains covered with snow and have to watch my kids last rugby game of the season this afternoon in rainy weather. :angryfire: like on saturday.

S

Sardyntjie

I knew there was a little bit of winter spite left in the Cape.DAMN :mad:
Huge 7 metre swell and rain for the weekend.And lots of wind.Looks as tho we will be calling off that boat fishing trip we had planned this weekend at Langebaan :'(

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
Huge 7 metre swell and rain for the weekend.And lots of wind.Looks as tho we will be calling off that boat fishing trip we had planned this weekend at Langebaan :'(
Sardyntjie you can do the right thing now, take her on a sunday cruise to Ceres and go built some snowmen. Just take your sweet wine, you usually drink when catching fish when its high tide with for the cold.

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:
Sardyntjie you can do the right thing now, take her on a sunday cruise to Ceres and go built some snowmen. Just take your sweet wine, you usually drink when catching fish when its high tide with for the cold.

Psssssttt , shes bun in the oven so no dop.............good idea mind.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:

Psssssttt , shes bun in the oven so no dop.............good idea mind.
Look I am a early chappie. Wake up at 4 and go to sleep at 9. Just watch the newspapers but I think the Ceres mountains is covered with snow. Best direction to drive till near the end of Ceres main road and take the Citrusdal road left. Think its about a 10-20 km drive from there to the snowy mountains. Just go early before the Slaapstadters tremple the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.