• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wobblies v pumas - is Salta at altitude edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pumas very charitable to give us 2 bites of the cherry with 3 mins to go in the first half.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well thank fuck for half time. I'm swapping over to Bathurst. Let's see if I can bother coming back.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Opta has 70% possession and territory for the Pumas

17 missed tackles to 5

Argies have only had to make 27 tackles total

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
You have to laugh. Someone is going to try to accentuate the positives in this. Good on them. I have a needle missing in this here haystack they can work on next.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
have to say the argies really have got some awesome steppers, if the defenders get stepped so bad they dont even touch the attacker is that a missed tackle?

BrutalTruth

Bob McCowan (2)
I hope Cheika doesn't stand down after this game.. he definitely needs help with selections / retention though (yes we have a lot of injuries atm but this is pathetic!)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I generally try to be optimistic and look at the positives. The core component of any competition is to focus on the strengths and eliminate the weaknesses. This lot seem to be doing the opposite.

Right now the only positive I can see is potential change.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
First half highlights

Video_error.png

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
You have to laugh. Someone is going to try to accentuate the positives in this. Good on them. I have a needle missing in this here haystack they can work on next.

Well, normally you'd say that at least you can learn from your defeats but in this case, I'm not so sure. "Don't drop the ball cold" seems like something they should have picked up on pretty early, for example.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Look it took the opposition 1min and 15s longer to score this week than last game. I told you at the time it's improvement.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I do think Argentina are definitely a team on the up. They used to be a 60 minutes team, now they go for 80. Maybe the contribution to the Wallabies from Ledesma the past two seasons has been understated.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Anyone here ever play "Reverse Chess" as a kid, where the goal was to get all of your pieces taken?

If the Wallabies ever get tired of this rugby lark, they should start a tournament. They'd probably be pretty good at it, and it'd be less taxing on the legs and more fun for the Australian sporting public.

BrutalTruth

Bob McCowan (2)
I was confused all week and still am.. why on Earth would you take out the one bloke who's been stiffening up our defence (To'omua) especially at the start of the game. Bring Beale on for impact at the end.. or not at all

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
What a joke. Knock ons, poor passes - offers nothing at all to the team.
1 of each. He’s looked pretty good when he’s on. It’s unfair to single him out, the whole team has been a joke today. All that said it’s time to try foley/To'omua.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I do think Argentina are definitely a team on the up. They used to be a 60 minutes team, now they go for 80. Maybe the contribution to the Wallabies from Ledesma the past two seasons has been understated.

Fancy that the best coaches to come out of Aus in the last decade are currently working in Argentina, England, and I think Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.