• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Rugby Awards 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a load of shit. Firstly, that result will do more for Japanese rugby than just about anything in their history and secondly they were on low rest anyway. Blame the schedule, not Eddie.

So you think it was better for their rugby future beating the Springboks rather than making the quarters? That's a big call.

So if they wanted to win with low rest they pretty much had to rest their best players for the SA game. They knew the draw well in advance.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Even if neither of them wins, fairly incredible that both Hooper and Pocock have been nominated given that it wasn't so long ago that debate raged as to whether they would both be in the starting team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Even if neither of them wins, fairly incredible that both Hooper and Pocock have been nominated given that it wasn't so long ago that debate raged as to whether they would both be in the starting team.

I kinda feel like they almost take points off each other though.
It is remarkable to see 2 guys in the same position nominally from one country. I'm not sure Hooper will be in the mix.
I predict a farewell gong to Dan Carter.

T

TOCC

So you think it was better for their rugby future beating the Springboks rather than making the quarters? That's a big call.

So if they wanted to win with low rest they pretty much had to rest their best players for the SA game. They knew the draw well in advance.

You don't win wold cups or win fans by planning to lose games. Japan won world admiration by beating one of the worlds best team, had the rested their best team and been flogged it's a a complete unknown as to whether they could have even rebounded and beaten the Scots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought Ben Smith would be there

Yeah, Savea for mine is a weird choice, as most of his year has not been close to the level of the France game. Carter to some degree too has hardly had his best year, most AB fans would concede. None has been better I think, maybe Ben Smith too as you say. These things usually seem to miss some obvious choices and throw in some weird ones.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Must be player of the RWC, surely. Otherwise, as great as he is, Dan the Man wouldn't be on the list. Probably a couple of others as well. If it is RWC, then Dan will run second to Pocock.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Carter will probably win this after the RWC final performance. I still hope Poey runs away with it though.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I kinda feel like they almost take points off each other though.
It is remarkable to see 2 guys in the same position nominally from one country. I'm not sure Hooper will be in the mix.
I predict a farewell gong to Dan Carter.

But to have the both there is awesome.
Pocock's play involves those highlight moments - the steals, he is a beast in this area.
Hooper's 80 minutes of high intensity is allot harder to measure.
A very formidable 7 / 8 and for play last night there wasn't much between McCaw & Read - taking the capatiancy out of it I could go with either combo's as the individual's complement the combo.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The IRB World Rugby always seem to give these awards to Kiwis, it's like they don't watch anyone else play. That's 4 years in a row. Carter had a good RWC but I can recall not long ago a lot of NZers calling for him to get dropped.

Obviously biased but that award was David Pocock's. Consistently excellent year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.