• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Series Rugby: Rd 3 Western Force v Rebels Saturday 9 June 08:00PM WST

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Beautiful weather for rugby
c52fd3c1095d1533fbc43afb3ec650a8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Pretty poor conditions tonight, but the better team won. The Rebels were a bit more streetwise in the wet and hung onto the ball just long enough to score. Our ball security was ordinary and it cost us the game. A couple of passes go to hand in that first 20 and we're right in it at the end.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Maybe circumstances didn't allow it but, this game would have been a lot better if it had been played as a lead-in to the test instead of after. I found it a bit hard to get invested after watching that cracking test match.

Well done to the locals. Nearly 14k is a bloody good turnout in that weather.

gordy1

Frank Row (1)
Maybe circumstances didn't allow it but, this game would have been a lot better if it had been played as a lead-in to the test instead of after. I found it a bit hard to get invested after watching that cracking test match.

Well done to the locals. Nearly 14k is a bloody good turnout in that weather.

I’d consider an All Black versus French match a circumstance that didn’t allow it! That and club rugby - the organisers are taking everything into account to get as many people attending as possible, and doing it well as far as I’m concerned - originally the match was scheduled for 6pm, but once the clash with the Wallabies match was identified, they changed the match time, and showed the Wallabies on the big screens. And there was also a live schoolboys match being played too...a triple header at NIB!

Weather was fine, apart from a short period where I couldn’t see the end of the pitch due to the rain...but it’s sheltered in the shed, so I was happy!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought that. But a long while later I thought- how do you get better at playing in wet weather without practicing in match conditions. If something more important was on the line, I'd say go ahead and play a bit more conservatively. But if conservatively rules your life, you don't get any better at anything other than being conservative. I feel like that is part of why Australia and South Africa are in the doldrums a bit while New Zealand has broken the shackles. They have the capacity to play that style of game (effectively!) in those kinds of conditions.

I hope that was the plan behind it and that it just wasn't bone-headed decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.