• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Matt Burke is the worst. He makes the Fox guys look good. Feel sorry for Sharpe having to announce with him. At least twice in the Italy test they disagreed.

Sharpe is great and offers as much insight as anyone going around. Someone should talk him into coaching.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bad conundrum during the Lions test over the weekend. I like the background noise of the crowd so I prefer to leave the sound on. Problem is that I have to listen to Ian f_king Smith. Is it really that hard to have Sumo as the sideline commentator? Can somebody push Smiffy off a cliff or something?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bad conundrum during the Lions test over the weekend. I like the background noise of the crowd so I prefer to leave the sound on. Problem is that I have to listen to Ian f_king Smith. Is it really that hard to have Sumo as the sideline commentator? Can somebody push Smiffy off a cliff or something?

I think he'd bounce.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It's not strictly about commentators but what annoys me is the new round of gimmicks Fox Sports brings out every year to "bring you closer to the action." What was putting a hear rate monitor on Larkham meant to show us? Has his heart rate ever been more than 5 beats higher than his resting heart rate? He shows no emotion whatsoever. And now even 'Fox Field' has made its way into the games themselves; it might be useful in the midweek show where they can actually breakdown the play in detail but I don't need Kafe to put a big circle around Folau to let me know he's about to get the ball when I watched the same passage of play replayed ten times five minutes ago.

I will say when they mic'ed up the players it gave a good insight into the personality of the players (hearing Kerevi giving directions on the field revealed a leadership capacity I didn't realise he had) but it's so sanitised to make it family friendly that you never get to hear the players giving it to each other which could actually be pretty damn funny.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Bring back the Mex.:)
lyg3dz5N.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I heard Nisbo/Nesbo trying a Mex line on Saturday night when he described the BIL v AB game as "pulsating".

Only the great man can use lines like this.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Matt Burke is the worst. He makes the Fox guys look good. Feel sorry for Sharpe having to announce with him. At least twice in the Italy test they disagreed.

Sharpe is great and offers as much insight as anyone going around. Someone should talk him into coaching.

Interesting in last night's game he forgot to mute the mike and when the ABs walked through literally for one of their tries he was fairly dripping with contempt when he said, "You've got to be kidding me"

Pity very few of them are honest enough to express their true feelings on the mike and give some real critique.

Where is the Greg Clarke option?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Justin Marshall "Synergy" Watch:
Last week's "synergy" introduction: 79th min.
This week's "synergy" introduction: 75th min.
leaving it late these days but in the end remembers his notepad in front of him with one word scribbled on it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Justin Marshall "Synergy" Watch:

Last week's "synergy" introduction: 79th min.
This week's "synergy" introduction: 75th min.

leaving it late these days but in the end remembers his notepad in front of him with one word scribbled on it.

At that rate of decay, he'll reach Synergy Singularity in next year's Super Rugby and something will explode. Tyvek suits recommended.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
hope he makes a symposium presentation just prior to this epochal event, his closing line, "..... and THET, ladies and gentlemen, is synergy singularity. BOOMFAH!"
<chair scrapes in row 67>
<the janitor resumes sweeping>
<the remaining 3 people in the cavernous auditorium look edgily at one another>

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Where is the Greg Clarke option?
Oh God yes. He can take those reams and reams of pointless stats he props himself up with for minutes on end and pound them up his arse.

Visa Visor Pole, cannot BELIEVE that TJ & Justin Marshriek combine for just 10 votes. That's less than what bloody Shiggins has.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Oh God yes. He can take those reams and reams of pointless stats he props himself up with for minutes on end and pound them up his arse.

Visa Visor Pole, cannot BELIEVE that TJ & Justin Marshriek combine for just 10 votes. That's less than what bloody Shiggins has.

Shiggins leaves a more searing impression in ones psyche.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Isn't that a little like kieth Quinn who used to be the main commentator in NZ? He used to hace stats for stats, a lot of them from games he used to be ball boy at!