• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm still wondering how Brendan Cannon managed to slip through the commentators net. He's knowledgable, articulate and doesn't follow the sychophantic ARU line like the rest of them.

yeah i don't mind him. at least he's into it with a bit of imagination and mild fervor. Plus he hasnt got on my tits in a massive way yet which is more than can be said for 90% of them. Willie Lose isnt bad.

But Maaardo. Oh God, no. So glad he's still the pole front funner. WFT is his deal?

Havent heard from Gregan yet this season. Maybe he O.D'd on the rest of Drew Mitchell's cough medicine.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Commentators "Everyone Drinks" lines:
Karl Te Nana: "100%"
Richard Turner: "No doubt about it"
Justin Marshall: "Synergy"
Ken Laban: "Second man play"
Tony Johnstone: "GO FUCK YOURSELF" (oops, that was me to TJ during every single match he calls, never mind that one)

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Who did WSR have commentating the force vs Fiji game? Same on fox and 7? Any improvement over the one eyed cliche spewers?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Has Kearns been doing the 'tahs home games? I'll be hitting the yellow button but in the unlikely event the Bloos get up I need to know if I should have some waders & a flotation device handy........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dismal has just pointed out on the 'tahs v Bloos match thread that the Phil Kearns Tears (Of Joy) are also a possibility so I'm going with a full wetsuit & a really big flotation device just to be safe.........

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Are there actually any commentators that people genuinely enjoy at a national/international level, can't think of any myself.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Of course there is Up, really if the commentator agrees with the person watching, and never rubbishes his team he is great!! Think perhaps this tread is more about the people posting on it than the commentators!

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Of course there is Up, really if the commentator agrees with the person watching, and never rubbishes his team he is great!! Think perhaps this tread is more about the people posting on it than the commentators!
Nah Marto still gets on my tits, even when I agree with him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Can't agree, Dan. That's just a cop out imo. Most of the commentators who are held in low regard are criticised by fans of all sides, including for example Kearns and Martin, who are lambasted by fans of the Tahs and Reds respectively as they are by all other fans.

Most of the commentators are just shit, and they are being called out for it on this site.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't agree, Dan. That's just a cop out imo. Most of the commentators who are held in low regard are criticised by fans of all sides, including for example Kearns and Martin, who are lambasted by fans of the Tahs and Reds respectively as they are by all other fans.

Most of the commentators are just shit, and they are being called out for it on this site.

Sorry BR, I can't agree. I think there are some not flash ones, but they can't all be bad, more some of us WANT them to commentate a different way. If they were just bad NOONE would listen to them, but some people like Kearnsie, Marto,TJ, Marshall just not always the same people. Much like refs mate I keep reading on here there are no good refs, I call that crap too!

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Does Tim Horan just verbalise every thought that comes into his head?

He may have a future in Queensland politics like his father, as that is an essential trait all Queensland politician just say the first thing that comes into your head Joh, Katter, Hanson, Palmer etc

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Considering closing this thread after the fox broadcast of WSR last night. Those guys were terrible. I was embarrassed for Lynagh who had to work with them.
It was amazingly bad from the very first moment where he lauded Rodney Iona for picking the ball up in an offside position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Clarkie is slipping, took him 69 min to reference Tamanivalu being Mataele's uncle & still hasn't mentioned Michael & Alan Ala'alatoa being brothers. MUST DO BETTER, GREG.

Days gone by he would have found a break in play before Mataele had joined Tamanivalu from the bench on the field to mention that little relationship factoid. Although the real disappointment in my mind was his failure to capitalise on the double Fijian on Fijian matchup on the wing at the end.