• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Yellow Cards and Gold Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's only two wallabies that have made me question my loyalty to the wallabies - and he's one.

spchlss.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Geebus, You getaway with absolute bullshit fucking crap on this site.

Getting away with things isn't the same as laughing at flawed, infantile arguments.

If you'd just said you hate Hooper from the get-go, I would have been cool with that. Trying to wrap it up in something else is where you're going wrong, and where you choose to set yourself up for ridicule.

As it is, I now have an understanding of why you don't like Hooper, and can choose to ignore its utter baseleness.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The kiwis give him the respect he deserves.

As do the referees. Look at how he is treated whenever he "engages" with them.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
And you're absolutely correct about me not liking him - I doubt I would agree with how he held a fork if I saw him at a restaurant. There's only two wallabies that have made me question my loyalty to the wallabies - and he's one.
Who is the other one? I am trying to think of other players who are complete numpties but most of them are only numpties off the pitch (O'Connor, Beale).

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
For me it will always be Beale and then Hooper; the Di Patston palaver, and the subsequent downfall of Link. Piss poor behaviour

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who is the other one? I am trying to think of other players who are complete numpties but most of them are only numpties off the pitch (O'Connor, Beale).

Yep - Beale. The Link thing was it for me. That's a bit off topic, and am happy to leave it at that. I am also fine with people who forgive him for those transgressions.

Beale and O'Connor are ridiculously talented though and I don't believe that those two players affect the referee perception.

I think Hooper does.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
For me it will always be Beale and then Hooper; the Di Patston palaver, and the subsequent downfall of Link. Piss poor behaviour

There were four people who fucked up in that regrettable incident: Link, Patston/Pulver & Beale, in that order of importance and chronologically. Beale's contribution was by far the least. I'll tell you the full story over a beer one day if you like.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There were four people who fucked up in that regrettable incident: Link, Patston/Pulver & Beale, in that order of importance and chronologically. Beale's contribution was by far the least. I'll tell you the full story over a beer one day if you like.

It doesn't suit their narrative Lindommer, so they won't want to hear it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It doesn't suit their narrative Lindommer, so they won't want to hear it.

I don't know the full details but would be interested in hearing them if three of those involved were all more responsible than KB (Kurtley Beale), who by all accounts fired off the email (?) that started it all.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jesus man who cares if he's a jerk? It's Rugby!
Ha, good point, was watching a doco on Miami Hurricanes Uni boofball team, circa 80’s-2008, they thumped everyone, sent truckloads of players to NFL, players constantly in the shit off-field, and an ex-player said basically, what did they expect, you bring in the biggest baddest alpha males on the block to kick everyone’s arse, you shouldnt be surprised if they are actually big bad motherfuckers in real life

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
This thread can be used as a barometer to measure the forums capacity to produce thoughtful, inclusive dialogue about Rugby. You made it 1.5 pages before it turned into a shit slinging, provincial bias based flame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.