• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, but he wasn't a Brumby
I also disliked him as a Wallaby. Had he been at the Brumbies it would have made no difference.

I don't get why there are a few Tahs fans here who are happy to have a shot at the posters rather than the message. The excrement being thrown at Marce atm is an example of playing the man rather than the message too (including from some others being not Tahs). Is it just envy towards a better performing team and their fans? Tahs fans should stop and consider - Tahs will be very strong in 23 and fans might be in the hot seat for snide remarks from others - not me I hasten to add.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wamb, I note your comment, "If it's muscle. But technique and experience matter more than extra weight." Fortunately for you, it is known that you are a Tahs fan so you have avoided the wrath of Pfitzy for having the temerity to question the value of Skelton.

BTW I agree entirely with your view on the matter.

I fear no criticism. I have been insulted by experts!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I also disliked him as a Wallaby. Had he been at the Brumbies it would have made no difference.

I don't get why there are a few Tahs fans here who are happy to have a shot at the posters rather than the message. The excrement being thrown at Marce atm is an example of playing the man rather than the message too (including from some others being not Tahs). Is it just envy towards a better performing team and their fans? Tahs fans should stop and consider - Tahs will be very strong in 23 and fans might be in the hot seat for snide remarks from others - not me I hasten to add.
I'll believe that when I see it. When the Tahs inevitably under-perform ™, you won't be able to help yourself.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
And I've got to wait till Friday, when the team is announced, so I can read some coherent discussion about the match?

Reactions: dru

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The Pumas starting XV:

15 Juan Cruz Mallía
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Matías Orlando
12 Jerónimo de la Fuente
11 Emiliano Boffelli
10 Santiago Carreras
9 Tomás Cubelli
8 Pablo Matera
7 Marcos Kremer
6 Juan Martín González
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Matías Alemanno
3 Francisco Gómez Kodela
2 Julián Montoya (C)
1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro

16 Agustín Creevy
17 Mayco Vivas
18 Joel Sclavi
19 Santiago Grondona
20 Rodrigo Bruni
21 Lautaro Bazán Vélez
22 Tomás Albornoz
23 Matías Moroni

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Pumas starting XV:

15 Juan Cruz Mallía
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Matías Orlando
12 Jerónimo de la Fuente
11 Emiliano Boffelli
10 Santiago Carreras
9 Tomás Cubelli
8 Pablo Matera
7 Marcos Kremer
6 Juan Martín González
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Matías Alemanno
3 Francisco Gómez Kodela
2 Julián Montoya (C)
1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro

16 Agustín Creevy
17 Mayco Vivas
18 Joel Sclavi
19 Santiago Grondona
20 Rodrigo Bruni
21 Lautaro Bazán Vélez
22 Tomás Albornoz
23 Matías Moroni
That is a seriously experienced line-up with very few obvious weaknesses. Maybe a tendency to attract cards in the loose five, but there are a lot of caps. They don't seem to have any regulars out with injury, whereas we will have relative newbies at 15, 14, 12, 6, 16, 17, 19, and 22. If I was framing a market, Australia would be at long odds for the win away from home. Realistically, we could lose a lot of ranking points in the next eight weeks. Scoring six close losses in the next six games right now looks like a reasonable outcome, with the NZ games the easiest on paper!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Wallabies starting XV:

1 Slipper
2 Folau F
3 AAA
4 Swain
5 Philip
6 Holloway
7 Hooper (C)
8 Valetini
9 White
10 Cooper
11 Koroibete
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Petaia
15 Wright

16 Lonergan
17 Gibbon
18 Tupou
19 Frost
20 Leota
21 Samu
22 Gordon
23 Hogde

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wallabies team to play Argentina at the Estadio Malvinas, Mendoza on Saturday 6 August, 4:10pm ART
1. James Slipper (117 Tests)
2. Folau Fainga’a (28 Tests)
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (55 Tests)
4. Darcy Swain (11 Tests)
5. Matt Philip (23 Tests)
6. Jed Holloway*
7. Michael Hooper (c) (121 Tests)
8. Rob Valetini (21 Tests)
9. Nic White (50 Tests)
10. Quade Cooper (75 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (45 Tests)
12. Hunter Paisami (17 Tests)
13. Len Ikitau (15 Tests)
14. Jordan Petaia (18 Tests)
15. Tom Wright (12 Tests)
Replacements
16. Lachlan Lonergan (4 Tests)
17. Matt Gibbon*
18. Taniela Tupou (40 Tests)
19. Nick Frost (2 Tests)
20. Rob Leota (9 Tests)
21. Pete Samu (22 Tests)
22. Jake Gordon (12 Tests)
23. Reece Hodge (55 Tests)
*denotes uncapped

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
6-2 bench I was not expecting given the versatility of Holloway, Leota, Samu but we have needed more at ruck and Paisami, Petaia, Wright and Hodge all cover multiple positions.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great player, but he doesn't exactly play like Fardy?

I see Fardy as more a 6/7, pest at the breakdown, workhorse, hard as nails.
Holloway 4/6/8, hard runner with pace, strong into contact. Does Holloway make any turnovers?

Didn’t mean in style. Just as a late bloomer fixing a crucial piece of the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.