• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Why even consider a player with deficiencies that have to be covered by another?
Because he can be a monster around the park? I know he didn't do much at the end of last year, more time with the group would certainly help. Google is listing him at 140KG and Darcy Swain at 113KG, I am sure that extra 27KG would be helpful at scrum time.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Plus skelton was tangled up in Finals for his french club

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Signing another contract overseas is different to Cooper, Koroibete, Kerevi and Arnold in what way?

All these players have expressed their desire to play for the Wallabies. None of them have re-signed with an Australian team.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Because he can be a monster around the park? I know he didn't do much at the end of last year, more time with the group would certainly help. Google is listing him at 140KG and Darcy Swain at 113KG, I am sure that extra 27KG would be helpful at scrum time.
Does he pack with his head in, now?

wamberal99

Tom Lawton (22)
If it's muscle. But technique and experience matter more than extra weight.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We will see. I think RA and Rennie will try and convince one or more of the OS players they are interested in to re-sign back in OZ before the RWC. This will open up the opportunity to choose others, like Skelton, if they wish to.
They will probably take another look at him on the EOYT. I am not a big fan but every step up will help.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

No way Arnold and Skelton would come back. Massive paycuts.
and to think once upon a time Test Match rugby was seen as the pinnacle to aspire to.

Oh the modern world where cash talks hey?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Great player, but he doesn't exactly play like Fardy?

I see Fardy as more a 6/7, pest at the breakdown, workhorse, hard as nails.
Holloway 4/6/8, hard runner with pace, strong into contact. Does Holloway make any turnovers?

Not from my view. Fardy is exactly the model I see for Hollaway. Could have performed in the row, but was dynamic enough to play 6. That is exactly the role I see for Holloway.

No idea if he will fill those shoes, but an opportunity waits for him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You're missing the point: if they're Brumbies, they have NO deficiencies. Even if they just signed for them.
Well, he's not a Brumby and he's not a Tah nor any other Aus team. Get a life Pfitzy and stop obsessing over the Brumbies and their fans.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Imagine if Darcy Swain was a Waratah? Brumby Runner would have marked his card to never be selected again.
Fucking bullshit BH and you should be better than that. I am consistent in my dislikes. I disliked Rob Simmons as a Red and as a Tah. The side he played for was immaterial.

For the record, I reckon Jed Holloway will be a smash hit at 6 for the Wallabies. He just needs to repeat what he has been doing for the Tahs and he'll have no problems at this level. A step up on Harry Wilson imo.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
and to think once upon a time Test Match rugby was seen as the pinnacle to aspire to.

Oh the modern world where cash talks hey?
For the last 100 years, good players have left Union to go to League so they could get paid. The Thornett brothers, Hawthorne, Summons, Price, too many to name. Then when Union went pro, League just hoovered up all the talented youngsters by paying them more as juniors. You are pining for an era that never existed. 'Twas forever thus.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mate, you are a caricature of a rabid B........ fan.
Wamb, I note your comment, "If it's muscle. But technique and experience matter more than extra weight." Fortunately for you, it is known that you are a Tahs fan so you have avoided the wrath of Pfitzy for having the temerity to question the value of Skelton.

BTW I agree entirely with your view on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.