• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The back and forth between Gordon and McDermott doesn't really make any sense to me.
I bet he wants one of them to have blinder. McDermott just has so much raw talent and Gordon had a great year for the Tahs which has put Rennie in a spot. Gordon I thought was good in Game 1 v Eng when he came on but no opportunity in game 2 really.

I know it's Nic Whites job at the moment but he was poor in game 3 v Eng and would want a good Rugby Championship for team stability.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
how hard is it to learn "Student, Brother, Teacher"?
At a guess I'd say Arnold will be preparing for the Springbok.
He was back in Australia for a wedding & said he was available, but has had a bit of a layoff so needs to bring his fitness up to scratch.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Don’t hate Wright at 15, he’s got all the skills and looked to have overcome his jitters in the England series.
Hopefully his more diamonds than rocks, I would have gone Petaia but don't hate it.

As for Arnold he had said he injured his ankle when trying to get up to speed, maybe his still underdone.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting that 6/2 wasn't considered, or at least not done, against the English. And now it is on against the Pumas. Sounds like some coaching adaptations happening.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Interesting that 6/2 wasn't considered, or at least not done, against the English. And now it is on against the Pumas. Sounds like some coaching adaptations happening.
Sounds like they are expecting a torrid affair from a brutal Argentinean scrum, could be a war of attrition

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sounds like they are expecting a torrid affair from a brutal Argentinean scrum, could be a war of attrition

Thought that this Puma scrum had problems against Scotland? The set piece is completely part of the Puma soul. I'd be more bothered about them planning kidology in the front row, but then Tupou is coming on from the bench.

I'm thinking it is more about impact at the ruck. Gaining the hard yards so the expression comes from a base.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hopefully his more diamonds than rocks, I would have gone Petaia but don't hate it.

As for Arnold he had said he injured his ankle when trying to get up to speed, maybe his still underdone.
I suspect Rennie is giving Petiaia some 'learnings' and more than a quiet talk. That tackle was very dangerous and he could have come off a lot worse. (Last time I looked there are more necks broken in front on tackles than the front row)

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Thought that this Puma scrum had problems against Scotland? The set piece is completely part of the Puma soul. I'd be more bothered about them planning kidology in the front row, but then Tupou is coming on from the bench.

I'm thinking it is more about impact at the ruck. Gaining the hard yards so the expression comes from a base.
all I know is the FISM gang are a tough hard bunch and will take any opportunity to be brutal - scrum, lineout, tackle, breakdown or back play.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
all I know is the FISM gang are a tough hard bunch and will take any opportunity to be brutal - scrum, lineout, tackle, breakdown or back play.

Yep, and I think the combination with Cheika is awesome. Pumas are going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.