• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAGPSSUPPORTER

Frank Nicholson (4)
The talk is Eddie Jones is looking for another gig. An educator and a professional rugby coach. What college will be first to sign him? With the rumoured pay packets, the schools/college's could afford his services.
Joeys x
Kings ?
Shore x
Riverview ?
Scots ?
Newington x

dontforgetthewingers

Frank Row (1)
Shore vs Scots should be a cracker of a game this weekend with shore hungry for their third consecutive with and Scots looking to hit back after their tough loss to kings. Have heard that shores hooker Cam Johns will be out this weekend which is a huge loss as he has made a massive impact on their recent success. Should be a great day out at bellevue hill and can’t wait to see the end result. Shore by 3
Oh really, that's a real bummer for the young hooker. Thought he has been one of the best hookers all season throughout the GPS comp and I really wanted to see the match-up between Cam Johns and Will Guilfoyle this weekend. If Cam is playing I know it will be a great battle between them.

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
The talk is Eddie Jones is looking for another gig. An educator and a professional rugby coach. What college will be first to sign him? With the rumoured pay packets, the schools/college's could afford his services.
Joeys x
Kings ?
Shore x
Riverview ?
Scots ?
Newington x
Unless Eddie wants to start teaching at Riverview i don't think they will be recruiting him anytime soon!

O

Old High Boy

Oh really, that's a real bummer for the young hooker. Thought he has been one of the best hookers all season throughout the GPS comp and I really wanted to see the match-up between Cam Johns and Will Guilfoyle this weekend. If Cam is playing I know it will be a great battle between them.

He has bigger fish to fry than schoolboy rugby...

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
So Joeys had a great season and won with a game to spare but they were beaten by 20 points by Barker so how do they rate !!
Joeys as a team have been the biggest improvers over the season in Sydney schoolboy rugby by a country mile. Barker definitely got the better of them early in the year but I think you’d see a totally different team now. Joeys big 4 of Barrett, Fowler, Leahy & M Jorgensen have been dynamic for them, GPS which one comfortably over CAS, and the NSW side which did the same over Qld.

Fowler was a big out in that trial game and when all 4 are playing together that side from upfront to out wide is a pleasure to watch.
It’s a shame that we don’t get the chance to see how it would pan out and have to speculate on the result. Many of us would like to see a broadened schoolboy competition where games were not considered trials but a genuine competition to find the best team each year and let them face the same from Qld. Unfortunately tweed jacket politics will never allow it and rugby suffers for it in Australia.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys as a team have been the biggest improvers over the season in Sydney schoolboy rugby by a country mile. Barker definitely got the better of them early in the year but I think you’d see a totally different team now. Joeys big 4 of Barrett, Fowler, Leahy & M Jorgensen have been dynamic for them, GPS which one comfortably over CAS, and the NSW side which did the same over Qld.

Fowler was a big out in that trial game and when all 4 are playing together that side from upfront to out wide is a pleasure to watch.
It’s a shame that we don’t get the chance to see how it would pan out and have to speculate on the result. Many of us would like to see a broadened schoolboy competition where games were not considered trials but a genuine competition to find the best team each year and let them face the same from Qld. Unfortunately tweed jacket politics will never allow it and rugby suffers for it in Australia.
Correct, given you have the States best 13 and 15 out wide. Missing the States best No.10 in the first game would make an enormous difference to that result. Joeys by 12 with Joey Fowler playing this time

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Reading these 'what if's' make we wish we had the rep games post season. I know its wishful thinking but these teams can make a big difference to the path a kid has opened up to them with their future footy the way rugby love to shove you into a 'Pathway'.

Relying on reputation is lazy. Not saying any selections have been incorrect this year, I just feel it can be done better. I also know I'm taking no other aspects of the calendar into my opinion.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Amen to that my brother. Couldn't have said it any better mate, the way the boys have been treated across the forums is atrocious and needs to be stopped. I feel sympathy for all of the King's players that were singled out in that little outburst earlier today, you do not deserve that! Louis especially, you are nothing but talent mate and for anyone to say such things earlier is nothing more than untrue. Let's do better!

#NMNL
There is potential, that abusive comments to a boy, groups of boys, or even to the school they attend, could result in child abuse charges. DET and child services, have little tolerance towards such abusive behaviour.

ITalkInScrums

Frank Row (1)
There is potential, that abusive comments to a boy, groups of boys, or even to the school they attend, could result in child abuse charges. DET and child services, have little tolerance towards such abusive behaviour.
It’s getting a bit far. A couple of comments because of a sobby parent about a bias ref is now leading to charges. Calm down please.

Cameronsmith1

Frank Row (1)
Correct, given you have the States best 13 and 15 out wide. Missing the States best No.10 in the first game would make an enormous difference to that result. Joeys by 12 with Joey Fowler playing this time
Already played and were beaten comfortably, the 10 played half a game. Barker have gotten a lot better as well so it would be the same result

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
Already played and were beaten comfortably, the 10 played half a game. Barker have gotten a lot better as well so it would be the same result
10 for Joeys played none of the game and 10 for Barker played it all. The results would suggest that across the two comps Joeys have far and away improved the most of all the teams as would the domination of the teams that the 4 players mentioned previously. They haven’t lost a game when playing together and not a single side local or representative has come even close when they are all together.

Cameronsmith1

Frank Row (1)
10 for Joeys played none of the game and 10 for Barker played it all. The results would suggest that across the two comps Joeys have far and away improved the most of all the teams as would the domination of the teams that the 4 players mentioned previously. They haven’t lost a game when playing together and not a single side local or representative has come even close when they are all together.
They all played except for the 13 Barker beat them easily and they would do it again, and the best 10 in NSW wasn't available for selection.

Charizardsfire

Frank Row (1)
Im hearing Jackson Stiel is injured this weekend and young gun John Mahoney is taking his place at prop for Shore!! Go Johnathan! He is a beautiful beast with silky soft hands

love2lineout

Stan Wickham (3)
This weekend there is a huge in for the shore rugby with a very exciting talent returning from an acl injury. hugo "speedy" jansen that will pack it down in the middle with the big boys in the hooker pos. he is a very FAST bloke that gets nice and low in contact and is very hard to stop.wishing him a great return. good luck hugo

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
They all played except for the 13 Barker beat them easily and they would do it again, and the best 10 in NSW wasn't available for selection.
The best rugby 10 in Australian Schools is Joey Fowler by the length of a straight. Isaiya Katoa is the best league half back but definitely not a Union 10.
Fowler is equally strong left or right, watch Katoa or any highlights and 90% of what he does is on the left hand side of the sticks going left to right and that suits modern league, think of all the tries and what side they are scored by left side attacks nowadays. No doubt he is good but for a rugby 10, who at times reminds me of Steve Larkham I choose Fowler all day every day.

And I stick with my earlier thought that if the two teams were to play again, both at full strength I’d be picking Joeys.

Cameronsmith1

Frank Row (1)
The best rugby 10 in Australian Schools is Joey Fowler by the length of a straight. Isaiya Katoa is the best league half back but definitely not a Union 10.
Fowler is equally strong left or right, watch Katoa or any highlights and 90% of what he does is on the left hand side of the sticks going left to right and that suits modern league, think of all the tries and what side they are scored by left side attacks nowadays. No doubt he is good but for a rugby 10, who at times reminds me of Steve Larkham I choose Fowler all day every day.

And I stick with my earlier thought that if the two teams were to play again, both at full strength I’d be picking Joeys.
They faced off for a whole half and Katoa dominated, so with that you should be going with Katoa and Barker. Barker were also missing their NSW 2 and fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.