• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone at Suncorp tonight gets into a ballot for an election for a draw for a raffle to get a chance to buy 2025 British and Irish Lions tickets.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry. Three newbies. Mick Z is a great guy and appointment. All about grass roots (long time committee member at Qld Uni and very involved with their relationship with Taylor bridge) and solid commercial experience too.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Another possibility for todays announcement is that given Suncorp bank is being bought by ANZ - possible name change to the ground? They’ll need a new sponsor but maybe something commemorating Reg’s contributions?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sorry. Three newbies. Mick Z is a great guy and appointment. All about grass roots (long time committee member at Qld Uni and very involved with their relationship with Taylor bridge) and solid commercial experience too.
They look like excellent appointments with the future of Ballymore specifically in mind. Exactly the skillset to help deliver the next stage of the redevelopment and make the most of the opportunities it brings

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Another possibility for todays announcement is that given Suncorp bank is being bought by ANZ - possible name change to the ground? They’ll need a new sponsor but maybe something commemorating Reg’s contributions?

Stadium name change is hardly a Reds announcement.

And I think as part of the deal the Suncorp brand is being kept for at least 3 years, potentially may still be kept on in QLD indefinitely.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You're kidding, right. This is afterall the Reds thread. After the Link thing? I'd rather front up with 14 than see that particular amigo wearing red. In blue or gold when he was good enough, maybe. Never in red.
I dunno Vunivalu is pretty bad.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting listening to the post game interview with Kiss. He was asked specifically about Vunivalu and he made the comment that they had been tracking his work off the ball specifically and were very happy with how he was going over the first 3 games. Kiss claimed Vunivalu’s game was just a follow on from that.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think Vunivalu is trying to become more like Korobete (No I am not saying they are the same, or ever will be) and roam where he wants and to try and be physical at the breakdown.

I have liked what I have seen this year, I had never seen him play League so I can only judge by his rugby performances and he seems to be improving this season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think some credit must go to the attack coach. So often the frustration watching Suli and the like is that they get shit ball (or bugger all ball). Last night he was being put into space or at least one on one situations. And we saw the results.