• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Has Steve Kefu moved on?

Hopefully we'll see BBC and West's utilise Brad and Mooney knowledge to create a bit of a talent factory. Maybe Brad can stop all of BBCs talent going south!

all BBC talent has seemed to be going to Souths rugby as of late… I don’t think Mooney is involved with the college.

if you’ve mistaken Mooney with Meehan, he is a former GPS rugby man. When Brad Thorn was playing NRC rugby I believe he was aligned to the gallopers…

think Yoku Road will be the big winners of the BBC coaching staff next year. They’ll just filter the good players down to Yoku Rd where previously most of the BBC players were ending up at geographically not related Souths Rugby because of Kefu.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Thorn may no longer be GPS aligned.

I think he still lives in Bardon but his kids were going to Marist Ashgrove when he first moved back to Brisbane for NRC/the Reds and were down at GPS juniors at that time.

Not sure if that is still the case with the boys now at BBC.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I don’t think Mooney is involved with the college

Ah sorry Southern I more mean Mooney is involved with the Doggies.

I am/was hoping BBC and West's can utilise their connections and obviously being in spitting distance to create a bit more of a structured pathway for the boys after the finish year 12.

20 years ago when I left, UQ snapped up the talented colts from BBC and Wests was more of a social team.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
all BBC talent has seemed to be going to Souths rugby as of late… I don’t think Mooney is involved with the college.

if you’ve mistaken Mooney with Meehan, he is a former GPS rugby man. When Brad Thorn was playing NRC rugby I believe he was aligned to the gallopers…

think Yoku Road will be the big winners of the BBC coaching staff next year. They’ll just filter the good players down to Yoku Rd where previously most of the BBC players were ending up at geographically not related Souths Rugby because of Kefu.
Steve Meehan finished at BBC at the end of 2022. Working for GPS now.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Socks Up podcast confirms the big announcement is happening Saturday night at the game. About 15 mins before kick off I believe.

Expectations are getting set high now..
IMG_5930.jpeg

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Trying to think what this is and I’ve got the following in descending order of likelihood (blind and absurd optimism):
- Quade back
- Ballymore development completion of the larger stand
- Genia back
- World Cup major matches at Suncorp such as both semis or something
- Slipper back after an early break of his contract next season
- Pocock decides he’s sick of politics and wants to come home and play again
- M Hooper signs.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Trying to think what this is and I’ve got the following in descending order of likelihood (blind and absurd optimism):
- Quade back
- Ballymore development completion of the larger stand
- Genia back
- World Cup major matches at Suncorp such as both semis or something
- Slipper back after an early break of his contract next season
- Pocock decides he’s sick of politics and wants to come home and play again
- M Hooper signs.
It's clearly the return of the XXXX push up boys, led by Reg.

Either that or a mascot race between all the Brisbane/Qld team mascots.