• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
My only memories of Wright (the greater) in Gold is jumping in the line out and making easy metres off link play. Both things we really need.

To be sure though, back row will be congested this year.

Could we see a pick for captaincy reasons that sees Wright in a la Ben Mowen (not a dig at all on Mowen who I thought improved our team greatly before he left).

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_6953.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well the women finish the season with a win finally. But it’s arguable they deserved it. I think I forcast concerns about their pack and that proved true. We were pretty terrible upfront all season. Missing Parry big time plus Codey and Cheetham. Backs looked good at times but the whole team looked off. Like they just weren’t connected as a team.

Some really exciting young talent though. Hopefully more to come. particularly in the pack.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting.. are they playing 2 games against Bristol, or 1 against Bristol and another TBC?
Also is it really the first tour in 35 years? I'm scratching the back of my brain here but didn't the Reds tour Ireland back around 2009.

On a separate note, Hodgman and Fa'agase should be due back for Moana Pasifika correct?

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Where does the 35 years come from? It’s literally the headline when you click the link. They mention a 1980 tour which involved Bristol but even then, it’s not 35 years.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Where does the 35 years come from? It’s literally the headline when you click the link. They mention a 1980 tour which involved Bristol but even then, it’s not 35 years.

putting aside the 2008 tour, in 1990 QLD UK/Europe (Bath, London Irish, Northampton, Samoa, Fiji, Toulouse).

35 years before next years tour.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It seems strange to just put aside the 2008 tour, though. Is there a reason they're excluding that tour or did they just forget?