• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

tig

Frank Row (1)
Reds undertaking a two game UK tour early 2025 including a game v Bristol.

I seem to remember Queensland touring in about 1996, just after rugby went professional, because there was talk at the time about how many players might not come back because they received big offers from British or European clubs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So Highlanders at home next week. No Tate, Fraser nor Flook you'd have to think. What do we do?

15 Campbell (by default)
14 Vunivalu
13 Petaia
12 Paisami
11 Grealy
10 Lynagh
9 Thomas
8 Wilson
7 Wright
6 Uru ?
5 Blyth
4 Smith
3 JTA
2 Faessler
1 Ravai

16 Nasser
17 Hodgman
18 Nonggorr
19 Daly
20 Bryant
21 Werchon
22 HMP
23 Creighton / Anan / Wright

Might be time to rotate that front row a bit too. Perpahs Hodgman starts for Ravai

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Individually it's a big loss, but I think this will be a good chance for Kiss to review the structure of his backrow. What he has been running with over the last three weeks just isn't working.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_7114.jpeg

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Individually it's a big loss, but I think this will be a good chance for Kiss to review the structure of his backrow. What he has been running with over the last three weeks just isn't working.

What do you mean? McReight isn’t the problem.

He will be going straight back into the starting side when he’s able. So I’m not sure what kind of review you are conducting.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What do you mean? McReight isn’t the problem.

He will be going straight back into the starting side when he’s able. So I’m not sure what kind of review you are conducting.
Experiment with playing tighter, especially on attack.

After the Force worked over the Reds attacking breakdown work, other coaches marked it, and they have now put on less than 20 against Brums and MP (Moana Pasifika)

Whoever is coming in isn't going to be as good a link player as McReight, so don't try and replicate him. Do something different

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep.

Replay showed it a couple of times & he stayed down trying to get the ref to take a look but the ref wasn't interested

that’s one thing I think NRL does a lot better at, protecting the playmakers from late hits by penalising those guilty especially around late hits on kicks. The Chiefs 6 has done it multiple times this year, and continues to get away with it.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
that’s one thing I think NRL does a lot better at, protecting the playmakers from late hits by penalising those guilty especially around late hits on kicks. The Chiefs 6 has done it multiple times this year, and continues to get away with it.
Its about time the AR's started to earn their keep. The number of backline offsides and crooked lineouts the Moana Pacifica committed was gobsmacking. But the assistant referees must have been looking at their shoelaces or whatever at the time, because they sure as hell wern't watching the game.
In the first half in line outs where MP (Moana Pasifika) were throwing in, the Reds were often gaining possession. But in the second half, the crooked throws directly to their own forwards went unabated.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Its about time the AR's started to earn their keep. The number of backline offsides and crooked lineouts the Moana Pacifica committed was gobsmacking. But the assistant referees must have been looking at their shoelaces or whatever at the time, because they sure as hell wern't watching the game.
In the first half in line outs where MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) were throwing in, the Reds were often gaining possession. But in the second half, the crooked throws directly to their own forwards went unabated.
The officiating of Super Rugby has been pretty shit across the board for years.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
So Highlanders at home next week. No Tate, Fraser nor Flook you'd have to think. What do we do?

15 Campbell (by default)
14 Vunivalu
13 Petaia
12 Paisami
11 Grealy
10 Lynagh
9 Thomas
8 Wilson
7 Wright
6 Uru ?
5 Blyth
4 Smith
3 JTA
2 Faessler
1 Ravai

16 Nasser
17 Hodgman
18 Nonggorr
19 Daly
20 Bryant
21 Werchon
22 HMP
23 Creighton / Anan / Wright

Might be time to rotate that front row a bit too. Perpahs Hodgman starts for Ravai
I’d be tempted to start Creighton or Annan at 12 and move Paisami out 1 or just start Annan at 13 and leave the back 3 as is.

I’d also bring Nonggorr back into the starting team. IMO JTA hasn’t been as good starting as he was off the bench whereas I don’t think we are getting as much from Nonggorr off the bench as when he was starting. I know Kiss said part of Nonggorr’s development was to learn to have impact off the bench - but winning the game needs to take priority. Happy with your back 5 forwards although I found it interesting Kiss left it so late to bring Blyth on. Almost like he was underprepared, but I assume he wouldn’t have been picked if that was the case.

I thought Thomas was pretty good when he came on in an overly poor performance so, hopefully, he grabs this opportunity with both hands.

It was an odd game. The Reds fell down in a bunch of areas but simple errors like dropping the ball cold and kicking out on the full continue to rob the team if momentum at key times. We need to do better.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A good opportunity for Thomas for sure. He’s got a couple of games (you’d expect) to show it’s more than a bit part player.

I haven’t seen enough from Anan to suggest he deserves a starting spot. Anyone watch yesterday’s game?