• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
It does show that although Shore were the favourites coming into the game, View wanted it more with the last 8 minutes being around 40 phases of play. Wow.

I was very disappointed in the Shore crowd however, screaming during all three of Riverview's conversion attempts, especially the last kick.
Was standing right next to the Shore boys. They had good energy but I felt as though the screaming during the conversions was disappointing. I can understand the boys wanted to do everything they could to help their team win, but at the end of the day sportsmanship comes first.

ruckncoke89

Frank Row (1)
Riverview have 5 players out just in the 1st XV and 13 players out between the 1s, 2s, and 3s. huge effort for the View Boys to get up this weekend against the full-strength shore team. clearly, a next-man-up attitude over there in Lane Cove reminds me of Penrith a little bit. should be an interesting game this weekend I'm sure the Newington boys will be keen to get a win on the board.

this year is anyone's year I think. round 1 has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

RNC

wiltwalker

Stan Wickham (3)
Was standing right next to the Shore boys. They had good energy but I felt as though the screaming during the conversions was disappointing. I can understand the boys wanted to do everything they could to help their team win, but at the end of the day sportsmanship comes first.
Couldn't agree more. As Tommy Hilfiger said "Good sportsmanship goes beyond the game; it starts with respect".

Wilty

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
10 to go

E820150D-E54A-4F63-B9C2-E200AFEE814B.jpeg

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
remember pretty clearly Scots singing it last year after there draw to Kings…

don’t mind if they sing or don’t but that’s definitely not the complete truth that they sing only after a win. I understand most schools sing no matter what to thank the crowd.
No it's a new thing this year, apparently the coach Anderson has changed it so it's only sung after a win this year. The players are all against it but it's what the coach said. Also schools like Shore only sing it after a win, and I've never heard View or Newington even sing a song after a game.

Aagpsglory

Herbert Moran (7)
No it's a new thing this year, apparently the coach Anderson has changed it so it's only sung after a win this year. The players are all against it but it's what the coach said. Also schools like Shore only sing it after a win, and I've never heard View or Newington even sing a song after a game.
Riverview do Jerusalem after every game, heard it in person on Saturday whilst watching. From what I understand, they have been doing it for many many years.

Cheers

AG

rugbybeeeee

Frank Row (1)
Any standouts from the Kings vs Scots game, did the big names perform from Scots or did they crumble under the pressure. Heard Kings forward pack was tough, was there any standouts?
Some of my standouts from the livestream that I saw were.

Scots
- Brial, big name meeting expectations.
- Heinz, Big carries but for as much as they could kings 12 shut him down pretty well.
- 15 unknown of his name, was strong under the high ball being a slippery ball runner.

Kings
- Charlie Baker, strong pilfs and runs.
- 12 Fenwicke, strong carries and defence.
- Isaac Fonua, ofcourse had a big impact leading the team around, was definitely one of the best players on the field if not the best.
- Halfback coming off the bench at 9 had a good impact with quick clean ball. Believe his last names wilson.

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)

Scots
- Heinz, Big carries but for as much as they could kings 12 shut him down pretty well.
- 15 unknown of his name, was strong under the high ball being a slippery ball runner.

Kings
- Isaac Fonua, ofcourse had a big impact leading the team around, was definitely one of the best players on the field if not the best.
- Kai wilson, coming off the bench at 9 had a good impact with quick clean ball.
Knock Knock,

Glad to see my dark horses bring it to Scots with a tie. unfortunately missed the stream and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what happened. How did Scots big names perform? did the kings forward pack deliver?

-The One Who Knocks

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)

Scots

Kings
- Halfback coming off the bench at 9 had a good impact with quick clean ball. Believe his last names wilson.
I believe the fullback from Scots was Jay Mckenzie

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joeys sing Sub Tuum when they win close games or premierships. One tradition is that every team must be cheered on with College war cry. Even the 1sts who are cheered on by the 2nd XV while a 1000 other boys sing walk on watch to the end

Here for the advice

Bob McCowan (2)
There were some controvetial send offs, and yellow cards with the shore riverview clashes with there being 8 yellow cards in the 1st and 2nds games, but notibally in the fouth xv number 10 for riverview jack henry was heard telling the ref to do his job properly and received a red card, me personally i belive this is just a bit soft, after watching the game, ive seen numerous penatlies and someone needed to call him out. Well done JACK
Some confusing officiating (wish we would not allow parents or those associated with schools in upper grades / Opens etc). BUT some players need to keep their mouths shut. You won’t turn over a decision. Take the call refocus on improving your game back chat should be ruled on but posts the MIC’s need to address this.

Hero

Bob McCowan (2)

Scots

Kings
Kings halfback is Kai Wilson I believe.

marus smart

Bob McCowan (2)
I 100% Agree mate, those bloody Shoreman.

Was Probably Ollie Arnold and Julian Reynolds that started it.

Top Bottom