• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 SA Currie Cup Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Paarl with Januarie at 9 you deserve to lose. But I still hope you win becuase you played the better rugby this year and deserve it (ooh look my skin is breaking out in boils already).

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
A bit OT, but where in Scotland are you? I spent some time and have friends in Aberfeldy which is only about 15km from Pitlochry.

Oh, not too OT, seeing now as I have discovered that yew tree mentioned is considered to be 5000 years old and the oldest living thing in the planet...my partner will see it being worth the drive out there...

Am in Montrose...had done the Crieff 10km run few months ago which is not far from that place in question...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl with Januarie at 9 you deserve to lose. But I still hope you win becuase you played the better rugby this year and deserve it (ooh look my skin is breaking out in boils already).
It all depends on who the Guppies pick at 9. Pie Vreter was pretty effective against Kockette (still cant understand why Rassie want to buy him?) but it looks to me Coetzee wants to play the exact gameplan I wants them to play. Running in the first half and then brings Dewaldt up to give Willem more time on the ball. Also saw Dewaldt sat out yesterdays practise due to some injury. Schalkie hinted that this maybe his last match in a WeePee jersey, so look like he may join Saracens after the WC.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks
15. Louis Ludik
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Stefan Terblanche (Captain)
12. Andries Strauss
11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Patrick Lambie
9. Charl McLeod
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Willem Alberts
6. Keegan Daniel
5. Alistair Hargreaves
4. Steven Sykes
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Bismarck du Plessis
1. Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements

16. Craig Burden
17. Eugene van Staden
18. Anton Bresler
19. Jacques Botes
20. Rory Kockott
21. Andre Pretorius
22. Riaan Swanepoel

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
CC final fewer hit town. Even the school kids were allowed to wear their Streeptruie today, Streeptruie where ever you go! WPRU gave free tickets to supporters who can go to Durban tomorrow to help them get their tickets sold. Newlands would have been a sold out within minutes.

sharkss.jpg

Hold tumbs for WeePee to give us tripple delight!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
CC final fewer hit town. Even the school kids were allowed to wear their Streeptruie today, Streeptruie where ever you go! WPRU gave free tickets to supporters who can go to Durban tomorrow to help them get their tickets sold. Newlands would have been a sold out within minutes.

sharkss.jpg

Hold tumbs for WeePee to give us tripple delight!

"WPRU gave free tickets to supporters who can go to Durban tomorrow to help them get their tickets sold.:"

Interestign becuase I spoek to two people in Durban this week who said they had to buy tickets on the black market and they were looking for more.

Accordign to a client of mine in Durban local tickets were sold out last week. He's not even going and he is a die hard Sharks fan.

Maybe WP screwed up its allocation and had to give them away so not to lose face?

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Great no live coverage on NZ "Sky" for arguably the greatest domestic comp in the world. Canceld the Rugby channel, had enough. Justin TV wins again.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Congrats to the Sharks. But how shit was Province! Alarmingly, the players who looked the worst were the WP Boks. All gash. Plus Juan de Jongh injured. That leaves de Villiers and Adi Jacobs? Boks = screwed. Lambie to 12 for the EOYT? Doppies?

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
My original poting didn't give enough credit to the Sharkies. They really were a team possessed, and bossed WP at the break down and in contact shaking off Province tackles. Tacktically they were better as well. The comedy of de Waal passing the ball near the dead ball line of his try line leading to an almost Sharks try summed up the WP performance in the match. Sharks were better in all facets and deserved the win.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Absolute bitch slap from the Sharks. How huge were their pack. That was test match level intensity from their pigs. Jaysus they man handled Province.

Some thoughts;
- Worst game of rugby I have seen Burger play in years. He missed tackles, dropped ball, gave away strings of penalties. He has a tendency to lose his head when he is in a losing team. If anyone ever suggests him as Bok captain again, please watch this game.
- The value of Bismarck du Plessis was on display. Fuck me the WP forwards will have nightmares of Battleship in their dreams for weeks to come
- Although I am a fan of Vermeulen, he totally disappeared in a tight game, as did F Louw who has little to no impact. Cannot question Daniel and Alberts gettign to bok callup. They deserve it 100%
- Juan de Jongh is a fantastic player and his going off made a huge impact - WP backline lost its penetration
- WP dropped Duvenhage to the bench halfway through the season and he lost his form. Fucking stupid.
- Mvovo is a great find
- Lambie is a freak
- Habana looks sharp again
- WP need a 10 that can create something. De Waal can kick and that's it.

Nice win for Sharks. Keep the Cup warm for us, we'll have it back next year :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Congrats to the Sharks. But how shit was Province! Alarmingly, the players who looked the worst were the WP Boks. All gash. Plus Juan de Jongh injured. That leaves de Villiers and Adi Jacobs? Boks = screwed. Lambie to 12 for the EOYT? Doppies?

Can't play Lambie at 12 up North. No way.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Sharks played really well and deserved their win.
WP should have opted for posts early in the second half instead of going for the line.

Not that it would have changed anthing because De Wall had no idea what the posts looked like.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Era, boys, you can't judge any player on a CC final with Province in it.

You could put out the 1997 ABs in blue-and-white jerseys, and they'd still find a way to blow it.

It's just God's way of evening up the karma stakes; and if all it takes to live in the Dorpie Wat Almal Ken is the fact that you'll never, ever, ever see the CC west of Sir Lowry's Pass ever again, well, it's cheap at the price.

Sterkte, Oom. ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nee wat Thomo , we did not took the cherry but we did take the cake and WP rugby is as strong as they ever was in the past.

Interesting to look at the names on a thread I started in grassroots rugby and most of them altho only U20 in 2010 they already won some silverware for WP.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
sorry the thread
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/3260-Paarl-Gym-150th-year-amp-Ruaan-Smith

Was good to see Ruaan and WP destroying the Brutes scrum on saturday and scrumming against another Gimmie in Rossouw de Klerk. Johann Sadie ran them in peaces and this kid is going to be the next generation of Paarl Gim midfield greats.

Unfortanetly I missed the U19 final, the laaitie was playing cricket at NoordEind between the vineyards for Boland Central. Took this picture with my phonetjie
noordeind.png

Duvenhages play ground

Status
Not open for further replies.