• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 IRB Player of the Year

Player of the Year 2011 will be...

• Genia

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pocock

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Kaino

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Nonu

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Weepu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dusatoir

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
And the offical nominations are....

Genia, Pocock, Kaino, Nonu, Weepu & Dusatoir...

Weepu? Seriously? If a Frenchman I would have though Harinordiquay as well...

Bit of a shafting for a few of those Celitc boys, that's for sure.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Weepu?

:eek: :eek: :eek:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Biggest farce ever.

Looking back at the past winners; the winner of the final wins the award. So Kaino has it in the bag.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Weepu! BWAHAHAHAHA. The guy who was injured for a big chunk of time? And came back fat? And still can't manage 80 minutes? And barely managed to be the starting 9 for his side? That Weepu?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Weepu! BWAHAHAHAHA. The guy who was injured for a big chunk of time? And came back fat? And still can't manage 80 minutes? And barely managed to be the starting 9 for his side? That Weepu?

It's gotta be the biggest joke of an IRB nomination surely? The bloke wasn't even a guaranteed starting for his national side until a few weeks ago.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is the IFB choosing. Anything could happen and I wouldn't be surprised.

Have I mentioned that the IRB seem more interested in policing mouthguard branding, and as an unintended consequenceactually grant very significant amounts of free advertising to the "unauthorised" mouthguard brand . On field cheating by swapping game balls illegally is not worthy of investigation or punishment apparently.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Not wanting to get in the way of a good old fashioned lie, the convenor of selectors for this is none other than John Eales... so vent at him!

My opinion is the the IRB POTY has to to come form the WC winner - so I expect Pocock, Genia to be token nominations.

Weepu is a SHOCKER. but both Nonu & Kaino deserve their nominations.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I'd be happy with either Kaino or Nonu but am astonished that SOB was not nominated, say, ahead of Weepu.

Roberts was terrific in the RWC and OK in their warmup games but was unremarkable in 6N IMO. You couldn't compare his 2011 body of work with that of Nonu. His RWC rugby has been his best since the 2009 Lions tour but this is the award for the year.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Not wanting to get in the way of a good old fashioned lie, the convenor of selectors for this is none other than John Eales... so vent at him!

My opinion is the the IRB POTY has to to come form the WC winner - so I expect Pocock, Genia to be token nominations.

Weepu is a SHOCKER. but both Nonu & Kaino deserve their nominations.

Totally agree, MR. Kaino and Nonu would both be very deserving winnners.

C

chriscullen

I for one am glad Weepu is nominated. It is a nod to all the slightly overweight, unfit and lazy rugby players worldwide. You too can succeed. Go piri.

J

Jay

I for one am glad Weepu is nominated. It is a nod to all the slightly overweight, unfit and lazy rugby players worldwide. You too can succeed. Go piri.

Also, it would make him the first person to win both the IRB player of the year and the Victoria Cross.

st_apiata-420x0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.