• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 Spring Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would have interpreted it that way too but the exact question of the Journalist isn't given, if it was an extremely direct question this might be the case but given that it isn't given in the article I'm thinking this is probably another journo spinning Robbie's words to hear what we want

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry Robbie but I don't count being on the wing or fullback as a "decision-making role". I swear it would be easier to get blood from a stone than get a clear answer out of that guy.

It really depends on which system you are playing under. There isn't that much difference b/w a ball playing 12 and bp 15.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah Beale has been bouncing up into a play-maker role from 15 in attack for a while

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
It really depends on which system you are playing under. There isn't that much difference b/w a ball playing 12 and bp 15.

I understand that but that really wasn't my point, it was more the fact that every rugby fan in australia is constantly kept guessing about what robbie will do. I understand he's the coach and is far more experienced than us and most likely knows what's best for the team but for f#cks sake at least let us know what you're thinking! It leaves me feeling he's got no idea what he's going to do.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would still prefer to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 15, from there he can be a pest on counter, move up in attack without having to hold a specific spot to run or play the ball and do less defensive work

at 12, I would stick Horne with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 or Taps at 12 & Horne at 13

With no Mitchell & Beale, our back three will look a tad pedestrian on counter with only Digby being a real threat one on one. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Turner will do a job, but won't slash by 3 or 4.

For the Baa Baas

9 Genia
10 Barnes
11 Digby
12 Taps
13 Horne
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 JOC (James O'Connor)

For Wales

9 Genia
10 Barnes
11 Digby
12 Horne
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Turner
15 JOC (James O'Connor)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm with you fatprop, I'd like to see JOC (James O'Connor) 15, Horne 13, Taps 12 and Berrick 10. But if you've come out in the press release for the named squad and JOC (James O'Connor) is listed only as a FB and then surely Dingo has plans to play him there, then to suggest to a reporter that Berrick and JOC (James O'Connor) will share "playmaking roles" and make people think they'll play 10 and 12 makes the whole situation very frustrating.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know if JOC (James O'Connor) has finally been able to hand over the responsibility of looking after Wally? Who too?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Still think JOC (James O'Connor) is the youngest in the squad so he must keep wally. Thats a mighty long tenure as the keeper, 3 years exactly I think.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah JOC (James O'Connor) is younger than both Phipps and Tapuai, so should have Wally yet again.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hmm. I guess he'll probably get to ditch it on the 2012 Spring Tour.

I'd imagine when we do our next Spring Tour with a 40 man squad or close to, someone like Liam Gill will be on the tour.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hmm. I guess he'll probably get to ditch it on the 2012 Spring Tour.

I'd imagine when we do our next Spring Tour with a 40 man squad or close to, someone like Liam Gill will be on the tour.

I hope that Gill gets enough time on the park to be considered but there is a lot of time for the youngster; so we shouldn't be too fussed if he doesn't make it next year. Mind you, at the minute there is not a mature 7 to back up Pocock apart from Hodgson, who has gone on the current tour because he was RWC trained up.

Unlike this year 2012 will be a development tour and they should be looking at one of the younger guys instead of Hodgson.

Incidentally, they took 20 forwards and 16 backs last year.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
here's the Baa Baa squad:

Barbarians squad: Sam Tomkins (England RL), Bryan Habana (South Africa), Isaia Toeava (New Zealand), Robbie Fruean (Crusaders), Stirling Mortlock (Australia), Richard Kahui (New Zealand), Seru Rabeni (Fiji), Danny Cipriani (England), Peter Stringer (Ireland), Nemia Kenatale (Fiji), Keven Mealamu (New Zealand), Adriaan Strauss (South Africa), Salvatore Perugini (Italy), Sylvain Marconnet (France), Eusebio Guinazu (Argentina), Victor Matfield (South Africa), Simon Shaw (England), Marco Bortolami (Italy), Jason White (Scotland), Jerome Kaino (New Zealand), Adam Thomson (New Zealand), Mauro Bergamasco (Italy).

Will be interesting to see how a RL player goes in this game.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
1- Perugini
2- Mealamu
3- Marconnet
4- Shaw
5 Matfield
6- Thompson
7- Bergamasco
8- Kaino
9- Stringer
10- Cipriani