• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
but none of the 1st choice 15, my point is the NZRU are aware of managing their workloads.. the ARU don't seem to care.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I believe the AB's will be doing their utmost to win as they have their eyes firmly focused on setting a record for consecutive wins. So no talk of a dead rubber.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I've only got one word to say about this game.

Sharpey.

And if the boys aren't shouting this to each other with ten minutes to go, I'll pull the thread from my yellow scarf until it's just a yellow string and I'll fucking hang myself with it.

Sharpey.

Shaaaaaaaaaaarpeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sharpey.

Sharpey.

Shar pei?

sharpei.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've only got one word to say about this game.

Sharpey.

And if the boys aren't shouting this to each other with ten minutes to go, I'll pull the thread from my yellow scarf until it's just a yellow string and I'll fucking hang myself with it.

Sharpey.

Scarf-Lager ready for consumption, I see. You've fired back up!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Nah, still cleaning out the tank and bottles.

I'm drinking Knappstein's Reserve Lager.

There's not much left in reserve now, though.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
but none of the 1st choice 15, my point is the NZRU are aware of managing their workloads.. the ARU don't seem to care.

No....the '1st choice' 15 do play as well I'm pretty sure. I know in past year's Auckland have welcomed back guys like Mealamu, Boric and Williams.....I mite be wrong tho....

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
There is no such thing as a dead rubber when you're the All Blacks. New Zealand fans will accept nothing less than a win.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
No..the '1st choice' 15 do play as well I'm pretty sure. I know in past year's Auckland have welcomed back guys like Mealamu, Boric and Williams...I mite be wrong tho..

You might be wrong Boric plays for North Harbour :)

This year and last has featured very very few ABs in the ITM cup because of the compressed schedule of the ITM and the test / WC program.

The ABs have been given a week off so will not feature this week in ITM.

Agin the big difference however is the revenue streams which dictate the test / provincial schedules. ARU needs more tests so naturally the Wallaby players have to play more tests

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I wasn't saying the kiwis will take a dead rubber any less seriously. I was referring to the way we seem to click and perform miles better than usual when there's no danger of collecting silverware. A bit like our propensity for late consolation tries after being drubbed for 75 mins. Although lately we haven't even been getting those.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If you were the Wallabies coach, other than praying, what would you be doing to try get us a win next weekend?

Making the boys watch continuous replays of the Tri-Nations win or what?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I haven't felt this bad about the Wallabies chances in a match v the All Blacks since the 2003 World Cup....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
'.....Agin the big difference however is the revenue streams which dictate the test / provincial schedules. ARU needs more tests so naturally the Wallaby players have to play more tests
Any idea why this is?
I would have thought they would have almost identical revenue streams.NZ have to fund their 3rd tier comp,being the only difference in Opex that I can think of.
All things being equal I would have thought the Kiwis would be needing more test than we do?

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
NZRU get a bucketful of dollars from addidas and the word is aig insurance are going to have their logo on the jersey very soon,another bucketful to kickstart the income stream.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
NZRU get a bucketful of dollars from addidas and the word is aig insurance are going to have their logo on the jersey very soon,another bucketful to kickstart the income stream.

From what I heard Adidas agreed to pay more to keep AIG off it. Certainly off the front, maybe sleeve is still an option though.

Apparently Adidas has been really great and understanding about the NZRU's financial position.

Garry Owen

Chris McKivat (8)
As much as I'd like to see our boys beat NZ on any occasion, I can't bring myself to barrack for them this weekend. A win over the AB's this weekend is what Dean's supporters need to bleat about our supposed improving chances.

We are so overdue on lancing this festered boil. Let's not put a band-aid over it now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As much as I'd like to see our boys beat NZ on any occasion, I can't bring myself to barrack for them this weekend. A win over the AB's this weekend is what Dean's supporters need to bleat about our supposed improving chances.

We are so overdue on lancing this festered boil. Let's not put a band-aid over it now.

That is a poor attitude in my opinion. You make it sound like it is politics and you want the other side to do poorly so your mob can get in.

There aren't two sides to this, there's one and it's our national side, the Wallabies.

Deans isn't going to be sacked because we lose to the All Blacks. Whether you think Deans should be the coach or not is irrelevant. He is the coach at the moment and one result isn't going to change that.

People aren't going to talk up a victory against the All Blacks because they are Deans supporters. They are going to do so because they're Wallabies supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.