• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 IRB Junior World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Wales totally deserve this; great defense 9-6 up with a few minutes to go.

Yeah, they've done everything they can. Solid defensive effort in the 22. They've gotten the rub of the green but it's gotta go to someone I guess.

Well done Wales.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Wales win it 9-6 .. herculean defense.. smarter play, box kicks, and Kiwis were naieve and missed their kicks. Their starting 10 Eade was woeful; he'll never been seen again I reckon.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
It has to be said that Bryn Hall, the NZ captain at 9 took no pressure off his outside backs.. very poor.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
it's easiert to swallow when you lose to an opponent who deserves it on the day. Still gutted :(

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Gatland has been targeting this Wallaby game since the RWC. Wales will be ready. Hope Wallabies are.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Wales win it 9-6 .. herculean defense.. smarter play, box kicks, and Kiwis were naieve and missed their kicks. Their starting 10 Eade was woeful; he'll never been seen again I reckon.

It has to be said that Bryn Hall, the NZ captain at 9 took no pressure off his outside backs.. very poor.

Yep, agreed. Some poor options at times from the 9 and 10, our kicking execution was woeful. Wales put an up-and-under up every single possession and most of them were very contestable. Eade played terrible, no doubt about it. He is good enough to be an ITM Cup squad member (for Southland at least) but not today. Bryn Hall didn't give them a box kick option and threw a few misplaced passes. Never led the attack down the blind side either.

Wales defended very well. 120 tackles to 38 but on a night like that you don't really want to have the ball anyway. The experienced Matthew Morgan steered them round the park well enough and that bloody Tom Habberfield was under everything. They competed toe to toe in the rucks as well.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Unfortunately this result means that Australia are unlikely to qualify as best runners up given a much harder fixture against France vs NZ who can be expected to destroy Fiji.

That mean only one of SA/Eng get through as well (or Ireland should they pull off upset win against England)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately this result means that Australia are unlikely to qualify as best runners up given a much harder fixture against France vs NZ who can be expected to destroy Fiji.

That mean only one of SA/Eng get through as well (or Ireland should they pull off upset win against England)

Aus were already out because they didn't get a bonus point.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Don't think Australia will be getting the 4th seed fella's.

NZ should, I repeat should scrape through as the fourth seed given we're on 6 points and should pick up 5 against Fiji.
Given all the possible scenarios, I think it's still in NZ's hands with the positive points difference.

We were all expecting this to be the weakest NZ side sent to the JWC so far, now its's confirmed. I'll have to check the weather forecasts now.

D

Dr Chym Richells

Considering how woeful the Welsh under 20's went in this years 6N (we got well and truly beat by Eng, Ire & Fra), that result was unbelievable. Maybe the boys who looked very light weight a few months ago have finally started filling out.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Don't think Australia will be getting the 4th seed fella's.

Yeah was mentioned before the Oz game was over.

Well done to Wales in the NZ game. I don't know what excuse the Kiwis are going to use since they play a lot in those conditions in mid winter, especially away from the main stadiums.

Great interview with the Wales captain after the game.

Well done those men.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The irish are looking good value against the poms. Mind you with the poms down to 13 men at present you would expect them to press on. 2 tries against a penalty after 28 minutes

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Ireland up 12-3.. and playing very intelligently. Same side as 3 days ago. They will tire in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.